setting up auto submit (forward to sa-learn)

joea at j4computers

setting up auto submit (forward to sa-learn)

Attempting to simplify my life, looked to ways to forward ham and spam to the spamassassin box and have it look a them, without further intervention on my part.

The link http://gtmp.org/pub/sa-postfix.en.html takes me to a page where there is nothing useful (AFAICT).

The next link https://po2.uni-stuttgart.de/~rusjako/sal-wrapper/ takes me to a re-direct page, where I find the sal-wrapper.pl script and enough guidance to get me going.

However, it does not deliver the mail I send it, returning a DSN.

"<addressee>: Command died with status 9: "/usr/bin/sal-wrapper-0.2.1/sal-wrapper.pl". Command output: failed to create IP object at /usr/bin/sal-wrapper-0.2.1/sal-wrapper.pl line 129."

I see similar in /var/log/mail.

Using postfix as the MTA.

There are some variables at the beginning of the script, that I suspect I need to define (local IP's for instance) which I did, in guess work fashion. I strongly suspect I do not have something configured correctly.

I have attempted to contact the author, but thought I would also ask here, in case anyone has experience with it. Or wishes to offer advice.

joea at j4computers

Re: setting up auto submit (forward to sa-learn) [In reply to]

>>> On 4/22/2012 at 9:36 AM, "joea" <joea [at] j4computers> wrote:
> Attempting to simplify my life, looked to ways to forward ham and spam to the
> spamassassin box and have it look a them, without further intervention on my
> part.
>
> The link http://gtmp.org/pub/sa-postfix.en.html takes me to a page where
> there is nothing useful (AFAICT).
>
> The next link https://po2.uni-stuttgart.de/~rusjako/sal-wrapper/ takes me to a
> re-direct page, where I find the sal-wrapper.pl script and enough guidance to
> get me going.
>
> However, it does not deliver the mail I send it, returning a DSN.
>
> "<addressee>: Command died with status 9:
> "/usr/bin/sal-wrapper-0.2.1/sal-wrapper.pl". Command output: failed to
> create IP object at /usr/bin/sal-wrapper-0.2.1/sal-wrapper.pl line 129."
>
> I see similar in /var/log/mail.
>
> Using postfix as the MTA.
>
> There are some variables at the beginning of the script, that I suspect I
> need to define (local IP's for instance) which I did, in guess work fashion.
> I strongly suspect I do not have something configured correctly.
>
> I have attempted to contact the author, but thought I would also ask here,
> in case anyone has experience with it. Or wishes to offer advice.

Upon rechecking my edits, I found I had ff'd the local IP's and had multiple entries. Seems to have delivered the latest test message.

Please pardon the interruption.

joe a.

dbfunk at engineering

Re: setting up auto submit (forward to sa-learn) [In reply to]

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012, joea wrote:

> Attempting to simplify my life, looked to ways to forward ham and spam to the spamassassin box and have it look a them, without further intervention on my part.
>
> The link http://gtmp.org/pub/sa-postfix.en.html takes me to a page where there is nothing useful (AFAICT).

Joe,
I have no idea where you found that link, but on the http://gtmp.org wiki
site if you put postfix in the search box it will take you to the page:
http://gtmp.org/doku.php/publications:sa-postfix-en

which appears to be what you're looking for.
The note at the top of that page may explain why you wern't finding
what you expected.

--
Dave Funk University of Iowa
<dbfunk (at) engineering.uiowa.edu> College of Engineering

joea at j4computers

Re: setting up auto submit (forward to sa-learn) [In reply to]

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ReportingSpam