FreeBSD ports users: Q: Value in SA 3.4?

michael.scheidell at secnap

FreeBSD ports users: Q: Value in SA 3.4?

I am looking to create a mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-devel port for FreeBSD.
This will be a port of the current 3.3.2 to the 3.4 development version.

I will attempt to follow the daily builds as closely as possible. If I
see something fixed in 3.4 that interests me, or I just have spare time,
I'll sync up the versions.
(I am on the FreeBSD development team, so, my commits show up
immediately in ports tree main).

If a few of you are following this in FreeBSD, then I would be more
inclined to update it more often. Especially if there is something in
the update that fixes an issue you are working on.

so, anyone want to follow the FreeBSD ports/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-devel?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
>*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

* Best Mobile Solutions Product of 2011
* Best Intrusion Prevention Product
* Hot Company Finalist 2011
* Best Email Security Product
* Certified SNORT Integrator

For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com/

michael.scheidell at secnap

Re: FreeBSD ports users: Q: Value in SA 3.4? [In reply to]

On 4/4/12 10:01 AM, Michael Scheidell wrote:

> so, anyone want to follow the FreeBSD ports/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-devel?

ok, so I am an idiot. I can't find Mail-SpamAssassin-3.4.0.tar.gz, and
the nightly build link on http://spamassassin.apache.org/downloads.cgi
points nowhere.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
d: 561-948-2259
>*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

* Best Mobile Solutions Product of 2011
* Best Intrusion Prevention Product
* Hot Company Finalist 2011
* Best Email Security Product
* Certified SNORT Integrator

For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com/

KMcGrail at PCCC

Re: FreeBSD ports users: Q: Value in SA 3.4? [In reply to]

On 4/4/2012 11:31 AM, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> On 4/4/12 10:01 AM, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>>

>> so, anyone want to follow the FreeBSD ports/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-devel?
>>
> ok, so I am an idiot. I can't find Mail-SpamAssassin-3.4.0.tar.gz,
> and the nightly build link on
> http://spamassassin.apache.org/downloads.cgi points nowhere.
You're not an idiot. Infra removed the nightly builds for projects.
Recommend you use trunk from SVN with a make test.

Regards,
KAM