Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: SpamAssassin: users

someone hijacked spamassassin.org whois record?

 

 

SpamAssassin users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


michael.scheidell at secnap

Mar 11, 2012, 11:25 AM

Post #1 of 4 (353 views)
Permalink
someone hijacked spamassassin.org whois record?

hacked dns servers records?


Domain ID:D81255450-LROR
Domain Name:SPAMASSASSIN.ORG
Created On:17-Dec-2001 02:01:49 UTC
Last Updated On:11-Mar-2012 12:32:35 UTC
Expiration Date:17-Dec-2012 02:01:49 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Dotster, Inc. (R34-LROR)
Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
Registrant ID:DOT-2MZ7O47A2BT8
Registrant Name:Host Master
Registrant Organization:Apache Software Foundation
Registrant Street1:1901 Munsey Drive
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Forest Hill
Registrant State/Province:MD
Registrant Postal Code:21050-2747
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.14104200140
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:hostmaster-2005-alpha [at] apache
Admin ID:DOT-BYQQQJZSKSZD
Admin Name:Host Master
Admin Organization:Apache Software Foundation
Admin Street1:1901 Munsey Drive
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Forest Hill
Admin State/Province:MD
Admin Postal Code:21050-2747
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.14104200140
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:hostmaster-2005-alpha [at] apache
Tech ID:DOT-WQUT26ZZD3R7
Tech Name:Host Master
Tech Organization:Apache Software Foundation
Tech Street1:1901 Munsey Drive
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Forest Hill
Tech State/Province:MD
Tech Postal Code:21050-2747
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.14104200140
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:hostmaster-2005-alpha [at] apache
Name Server:NS2.SURFNET.NL
Name Server:NS3.NO-IP.COM
Name Server:NS2.NO-IP.COM
Name Server:NS1.NO-IP.COM
Name Server:NS4.NO-IP.COM

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
d: 561-948-2259
>*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

* Best Mobile Solutions Product of 2011
* Best Intrusion Prevention Product
* Hot Company Finalist 2011
* Best Email Security Product
* Certified SNORT Integrator

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(r).
For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com/
______________________________________________________________________


joao.gouveia at anubisnetworks

Mar 11, 2012, 11:52 AM

Post #2 of 4 (344 views)
Permalink
Re: someone hijacked spamassassin.org whois record? [In reply to]

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Michael Scheidell" <michael.scheidell [at] secnap>
> To: "SpamAssassin Users List" <users [at] spamassassin>
> Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:25:52 PM
> Subject: someone hijacked spamassassin.org whois record?
>
> hacked dns servers records?

Not likely.
It does look like someone screwed up something.
This seams to be related:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/dns/zones/spamassassin.org

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2507 (check bottom/latest of the thread)

>
>
> Domain ID:D81255450-LROR
> Domain Name:SPAMASSASSIN.ORG
> Created On:17-Dec-2001 02:01:49 UTC
> Last Updated On:11-Mar-2012 12:32:35 UTC
> Expiration Date:17-Dec-2012 02:01:49 UTC
> Sponsoring Registrar:Dotster, Inc. (R34-LROR)
> Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
> Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
> Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
> Registrant ID:DOT-2MZ7O47A2BT8
> Registrant Name:Host Master
> Registrant Organization:Apache Software Foundation
> Registrant Street1:1901 Munsey Drive
> Registrant Street2:
> Registrant Street3:
> Registrant City:Forest Hill
> Registrant State/Province:MD
> Registrant Postal Code:21050-2747
> Registrant Country:US
> Registrant Phone:+1.14104200140
> Registrant Phone Ext.:
> Registrant FAX:
> Registrant FAX Ext.:
> Registrant Email:hostmaster-2005-alpha [at] apache
> Admin ID:DOT-BYQQQJZSKSZD
> Admin Name:Host Master
> Admin Organization:Apache Software Foundation
> Admin Street1:1901 Munsey Drive
> Admin Street2:
> Admin Street3:
> Admin City:Forest Hill
> Admin State/Province:MD
> Admin Postal Code:21050-2747
> Admin Country:US
> Admin Phone:+1.14104200140
> Admin Phone Ext.:
> Admin FAX:
> Admin FAX Ext.:
> Admin Email:hostmaster-2005-alpha [at] apache
> Tech ID:DOT-WQUT26ZZD3R7
> Tech Name:Host Master
> Tech Organization:Apache Software Foundation
> Tech Street1:1901 Munsey Drive
> Tech Street2:
> Tech Street3:
> Tech City:Forest Hill
> Tech State/Province:MD
> Tech Postal Code:21050-2747
> Tech Country:US
> Tech Phone:+1.14104200140
> Tech Phone Ext.:
> Tech FAX:
> Tech FAX Ext.:
> Tech Email:hostmaster-2005-alpha [at] apache
> Name Server:NS2.SURFNET.NL
> Name Server:NS3.NO-IP.COM
> Name Server:NS2.NO-IP.COM
> Name Server:NS1.NO-IP.COM
> Name Server:NS4.NO-IP.COM
>
> --
> Michael Scheidell, CTO
> o: 561-999-5000
> d: 561-948-2259
> >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation
>
> * Best Mobile Solutions Product of 2011
> * Best Intrusion Prevention Product
> * Hot Company Finalist 2011
> * Best Email Security Product
> * Certified SNORT Integrator
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(r).
> For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com/
> ______________________________________________________________________
>
>

--
Joao Gouveia
AnubisNetworks
Tel. : +351 21 7252110
Mobile : +351 91 9512960
Fax : +351 21 7252119
http://www.anubisnetworks.com


michael.scheidell at secnap

Mar 11, 2012, 1:30 PM

Post #3 of 4 (348 views)
Permalink
Re: someone hijacked spamassassin.org whois record? [In reply to]

On 3/11/12 2:52 PM, João Gouveia wrote:
>
> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Michael Scheidell"<michael.scheidell [at] secnap>
>> To: "SpamAssassin Users List"<users [at] spamassassin>
>> Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:25:52 PM
>> Subject: someone hijacked spamassassin.org whois record?
>>
>> hacked dns servers records?

> Not likely.
> It does look like someone screwed up something.
> This seams to be related:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/dns/zones/spamassassin.org
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2507 (check bottom/latest of the thread)
>

yeh, right:


"Global Redundancy.

No-IP deploys nameservers across the globe to ensure 100% DNS uptime. No
one DNS server is at the same data center or utilizes the same Internet
connectivity. With 5 nameservers in addition to your nameserver DNS will
ALWAYS resolve!"


--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
d: 561-948-2259
>*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

* Best Mobile Solutions Product of 2011
* Best Intrusion Prevention Product
* Hot Company Finalist 2011
* Best Email Security Product
* Certified SNORT Integrator

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(r).
For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com/
______________________________________________________________________


KMcGrail at PCCC

Mar 12, 2012, 8:34 AM

Post #4 of 4 (332 views)
Permalink
Re: someone hijacked spamassassin.org whois record? [In reply to]

> yeh, right:
>
>
> "Global Redundancy.
>
> No-IP deploys nameservers across the globe to ensure 100% DNS uptime.
> No one DNS server is at the same data center or utilizes the same
> Internet connectivity. With 5 nameservers in addition to your
> nameserver DNS will ALWAYS resolve!"
>
>

In fairness, I have a feeling the issue was more of a miscommunication
where teh hidden master wasn't able to feed the public slaves with No-IP.

SpamAssassin users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.