Plugin for Spanish Spams?

alok.cs04 at gmail

Sep 9, 2011, 2:16 AM

Plugin for Spanish Spams?

Hi All,

I am using the 'SpamAssassin Server version 3.3.2' but 'Spanish spams' are
getting through.
Can anyone please suggest/point me the rule-set/plug-in for Spanish spams.

Thanks,
Alok Kushwaha

"always be the reason of someones happiness."

axb.lists at gmail

Sep 9, 2011, 2:20 AM

Re: Plugin for Spanish Spams? [In reply to]

On 2011-09-09 11:16, Alok Kushwaha wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using the 'SpamAssassin Server version 3.3.2' but 'Spanish spams' are
> getting through.
> Can anyone please suggest/point me the rule-set/plug-in for Spanish spams.
>
> Thanks,
> Alok Kushwaha
>
> "always be the reason of someones happiness."

there is nothing like a plugin for this nor any dedicated rules.
If you post some samples in pastebin.com we may be able to help you.

alok.cs04 at gmail

Sep 9, 2011, 4:18 AM

Re: Plugin for Spanish Spams? [In reply to]

I have pasted a sample -

http://pastebin.com/Mka5xdJn

Regards,

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Axb <axb.lists [at] gmail> wrote:

> On 2011-09-09 11:16, Alok Kushwaha wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am using the 'SpamAssassin Server version 3.3.2' but 'Spanish spams'
>> are
>> getting through.
>> Can anyone please suggest/point me the rule-set/plug-in for Spanish spams.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alok Kushwaha
>>
>> "always be the reason of someones happiness."
>>

> there is nothing like a plugin for this nor any dedicated rules.
> If you post some samples in pastebin.com we may be able to help you.

axb.lists at gmail

Sep 9, 2011, 4:30 AM

Re: Plugin for Spanish Spams? [In reply to]

On 2011-09-09 13:18, Alok Kushwaha wrote:
> I have pasted a sample -
>
> http://pastebin.com/Mka5xdJn

Pls don't top post.

what about the sample's body?
wait for Season II ? (scr)

> Regards,
> Alok Kushwaha
>
> "always be the reason of someones happiness."
>

> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Axb<axb.lists [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> On 2011-09-09 11:16, Alok Kushwaha wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am using the 'SpamAssassin Server version 3.3.2' but 'Spanish spams'
>>> are
>>> getting through.
>>> Can anyone please suggest/point me the rule-set/plug-in for Spanish spams.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alok Kushwaha
>>>
>>> "always be the reason of someones happiness."
>>>

>> there is nothing like a plugin for this nor any dedicated rules.
>> If you post some samples in pastebin.com we may be able to help you.

michael.scheidell at secnap

Sep 9, 2011, 6:22 AM

Re: Plugin for Spanish Spams? [In reply to]

On 9/9/11 5:16 AM, Alok Kushwaha wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using the 'SpamAssassin Server version 3.3.2' but 'Spanish
> spams' are getting through.
> Can anyone please suggest/point me the rule-set/plug-in for Spanish spams.
adjust languages in local.cf? only leave in languages and char sets that
you expect?
block spanish charset in MTA?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
>*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

* Best Mobile Solutions Product of 2011
* Best Intrusion Prevention Product
* Hot Company Finalist 2011
* Best Email Security Product
* Certified SNORT Integrator

For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com/

axb.lists at gmail

Sep 9, 2011, 6:28 AM

Re: Plugin for Spanish Spams? [In reply to]

On 2011-09-09 15:22, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> On 9/9/11 5:16 AM, Alok Kushwaha wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am using the 'SpamAssassin Server version 3.3.2' but 'Spanish spams'
>> are getting through.
>> Can anyone please suggest/point me the rule-set/plug-in for Spanish
>> spams.
> adjust languages in local.cf? only leave in languages and char sets that
> you expect?
> block spanish charset in MTA?

you mean block and what else? the rest is quivalent to en

hmmm

antispam at khopis

Sep 9, 2011, 4:58 PM

Re: Plugin for Spanish Spams? [In reply to]

On 09/09/2011 02:16 AM, Alok Kushwaha wrote:
>> I am using the 'SpamAssassin Server version 3.3.2' but 'Spanish
>> spams' are getting through. Can anyone please suggest/point me the
>> rule-set/plug-in for Spanish spams.

The short answer is to train bayes; it's far better at this sort of
thing than anything else, even the language detection I'm about to suggest.

Enable (un-comment) TextCat in v310.pre and then add this to your
local.cf (adjust as needed):

ok_languages en hi

If that's not enough, create an anti-Spanish rule:

header SPANISH_BODY X-Languages =~ /\bes/

(You'll have to verify that header name, I thought we always named our
headers and pseudo-headers X-Spam-*. Also note that this is a
pseudo-header, which means it doesn't show up in your emails unless you
tell it to, e.g. with a line like "add_header all Languages _LANGUAGES_"
though then it will always be named "X-Spam-Languages")

See also the perldoc/man page for Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::TextCat

Note that Spanish is not the easiest language to detect given its
similarities to English in addition to the fact that most conversations
are spattered with English words and even phrases. This can only do so
much.

Axb's solution is dangerous but might work for you:
> you mean block and what else? the rest is quivalent to en

So maybe something like:

body __HAS_N_TILDE /[\xf1\xd1][a-z]/
body __HAS_A_ACUTE /[\xc1\xe1]/
body __HAS_E_ACUTE /[\xc9\xe9]/
body __HAS_I_ACUTE /[\xcd\xed]/
body __HAS_O_ACUTE /[\xd3\xf3]/
body __HAS_U_ACUTE /[\xda\xfa]/
body __HAS_LOS_LAS /\bl[ao]s\b/i
body __HAS_DEL_DE_LA /\bde(?:l|\sla)\b/i
body __HAS_ESTA_ESTE /\best[ae]\b/i
body __HAS_PARA /\bpara\s/i

meta MAYBE_SPANISH __HAS_N_TILDE + __HAS_A_ACUTE + __HAS_E_ACUTE +
__HAS_I_ACUTE + __HAS_O_ACUTE + __HAS_U_ACUTE + __HAS_LOS_LAS +
__HAS_DEL_DE_LA + __HAS_ESTA_ESTE + __HAS_PARA > 2

or maybe combining everything together; to all of the above, add:

score MAYBE_SPANISH 0.0001

# Zero or multiple languages detected
header __LANG_UNKNOWN X-Languages =~ /^\s*$|\w \w/

meta MAYBE_SPANISH2 SPANISH_BODY || (__LANG_UNKNOWN && MAYBE_SPANISH)
score MAYBE_SPANISH2 1

When it comes to scoring, *always start small*. You can turn it up
(slowly, in small increments!) once you know it's safe for you.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.26 KB)