Quicky custom rule in local.cf question - dbg: rules: PRIVATE_PHONICA2 merged duplicates: PRIVATE_RULE1

junk4 at klunky

Sep 1, 2011, 7:23 AM

Quicky custom rule in local.cf question - dbg: rules: PRIVATE_PHONICA2 merged duplicates: PRIVATE_RULE1

Hi there,

I've got these two rules in the local.cf.

describe PRIVATE_RULE1 English language job opportunity
body __PR1 /(Employment opportunity|Job offer match, respond
to apply|Employment you've been searching|Job opportunity|Career
opportunity inside|Position opening in your area|Work offer
inside|Vacancy - apply online|Job ad - see details! Sent through Search
engine|Get a New Job Today|Working Part Time|Virtual Manager Vacancy)/i
uri __PR2 /(aaaa\.(com|net)|bbbb\.(com|net)|cccc\.com)/i
meta PRIVATE_RULE1 (__PR1 && __PR2)
score PRIVATE_RULE1 2.5

describe PRIVATE_PHONICA2 Opt-out mailing list will not honour
un-subscriptions.
body __PP1 /(New Release Update)/i
uri __PP2 /(pppp\.com|gggg\.com)/i
meta PRIVATE_PHONICA2 (__PR1 && __PR2)
score PRIVATE_PHONICA2 0.1

Spamassassin -D -lint records this:
Sep 1 15:45:56.313 [11484] dbg: rules: PRIVATE_PHONICA2 merged
duplicates: PRIVATE_RULE1

What is this really telling me, and why is there a connection between
the two rules?
I think that these don't anyway, because I have not yet seen these in a
test message containing the domains nor bodies.

Best wishes, Simon.

Bowie_Bailey at BUC

Sep 1, 2011, 7:33 AM

Re: Quicky custom rule in local.cf question - dbg: rules: PRIVATE_PHONICA2 merged duplicates: PRIVATE_RULE1 [In reply to]

On 9/1/2011 10:23 AM, J4K wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've got these two rules in the local.cf.
>
> describe PRIVATE_RULE1 English language job opportunity
> body __PR1 /(Employment opportunity|Job offer match, respond
> to apply|Employment you've been searching|Job opportunity|Career
> opportunity inside|Position opening in your area|Work offer
> inside|Vacancy - apply online|Job ad - see details! Sent through Search
> engine|Get a New Job Today|Working Part Time|Virtual Manager Vacancy)/i
> uri __PR2 /(aaaa\.(com|net)|bbbb\.(com|net)|cccc\.com)/i
> meta PRIVATE_RULE1 (__PR1 && __PR2)
> score PRIVATE_RULE1 2.5
>
> describe PRIVATE_PHONICA2 Opt-out mailing list will not honour
> un-subscriptions.
> body __PP1 /(New Release Update)/i
> uri __PP2 /(pppp\.com|gggg\.com)/i
> meta PRIVATE_PHONICA2 (__PR1 && __PR2)
> score PRIVATE_PHONICA2 0.1
>
> Spamassassin -D -lint records this:
> Sep 1 15:45:56.313 [11484] dbg: rules: PRIVATE_PHONICA2 merged
> duplicates: PRIVATE_RULE1
>
> What is this really telling me, and why is there a connection between
> the two rules?
> I think that these don't anyway, because I have not yet seen these in a
> test message containing the domains nor bodies.

Because they are duplicates:

meta PRIVATE_RULE1 (__PR1 && __PR2)
meta PRIVATE_PHONICA2 (__PR1 && __PR2)

It looks like the second one is supposed to be:

meta PRIVATE_PHONICA2 (__PP1 && __PP2)

--
Bowie

john at tradoc

Sep 1, 2011, 7:33 AM

Re: Quicky custom rule in local.cf question - dbg: rules: PRIVATE_PHONICA2 merged duplicates: PRIVATE_RULE1 [In reply to]

Le 01/09/2011 16:23, J4K a écrit :
> meta PRIVATE_RULE1 (__PR1&& __PR2)
> meta PRIVATE_PHONICA2 (__PR1&& __PR2)
>
> Spamassassin -D -lint records this:
> Sep 1 15:45:56.313 [11484] dbg: rules: PRIVATE_PHONICA2 merged
> duplicates: PRIVATE_RULE1
>
> What is this really telling me, and why is there a connection between
> the two rules?

You forgot to change the subrule names in the meta for the phonica rule...

John.

--
-- Over 4000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages - www.tradoc.fr

junk4 at klunky

Sep 1, 2011, 7:47 AM

Re: Quicky custom rule in local.cf question - dbg: rules: PRIVATE_PHONICA2 merged duplicates: PRIVATE_RULE1 [In reply to]

On 09/01/2011 04:33 PM, John Wilcock wrote:
> Le 01/09/2011 16:23, J4K a écrit :
>> meta PRIVATE_RULE1 (__PR1&& __PR2)
>> meta PRIVATE_PHONICA2 (__PR1&& __PR2)
>>
>> Spamassassin -D -lint records this:
>> Sep 1 15:45:56.313 [11484] dbg: rules: PRIVATE_PHONICA2 merged
>> duplicates: PRIVATE_RULE1
>>
>> What is this really telling me, and why is there a connection between
>> the two rules?
>
> You forgot to change the subrule names in the meta for the phonica
> rule...
>
> John.

Thank-you John and Bowie for being my eyes. Glasses have been order in
the post.

me at junc

Sep 1, 2011, 3:08 PM

Re: Quicky custom rule in local.cf question - dbg: rules: PRIVATE PHONICA2 merged duplicates: PRIVATE RULE1 [In reply to]

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 16:23:11 +0200, J4K wrote:

> body __PP1 /(New Release Update)/i
> uri __PP2 /(pppp\.com|gggg\.com)/i
> meta PRIVATE_PHONICA2 (__PR1 && __PR2)

__pp.. not __pr..