How to I disable spam checking for a domain

gouws.christo at gmail

How to I disable spam checking for a domain

How to I disable spam checking for a domain.

Using spamassassin with mysql.

I have a server with multiple virtual domain,
I want to disable spam checking on some of them.

Is this possible?

Mariusz.Kruk at epsilon

Re: How to I disable spam checking for a domain [In reply to]

On Wednesday, 21 of April 2010, Osax wrote:
> How to I disable spam checking for a domain.
>
> Using spamassassin with mysql.
>
> I have a server with multiple virtual domain,
> I want to disable spam checking on some of them.
>
> Is this possible?

I think you should filter domains at MTA level. That way you would feed mails
to SA depending on what domain the mail is for. SA would have nothing to worry
about.

--
Kruk@ -\ |
}-> epsilon.eu.org |

ned at unixmail

Re: How to I disable spam checking for a domain [In reply to]

Osax wrote:
> How to I disable spam checking for a domain.
>
> Using spamassassin with mysql.
>
> I have a server with multiple virtual domain,
> I want to disable spam checking on some of them.
>
> Is this possible?

You can't disable a domain *in* SA, but you can whitelist a domain in
local.cf like so:

# Disable SpamAssassin for this user/domain
whitelist_to someone [at] example
whitelist_to *@example.com

If you want to completely disable the domain from being processed by SA
then you'll need to look at the glue that passes messages to SA.

gouws.christo at gmail

Re: How to I disable spam checking for a domain [In reply to]

Thanx for your help, I will gice it a try.

By the "glue" I assume you mean you maildir or vdeliver?

Re: How to I disable spam checking for a domain [In reply to]

Osax wrote:

> By the "glue" I assume you mean you maildir or vdeliver?

Whatever mechanism you use to pass mail to SpamAssassin to be scanned.
Don't pass mail for domains you don't want scanned, just deliver
straight to the users mailbox (or do whatever else you may do with mail
after SA has had it).

mysqlstudent at gmail

Re: How to I disable spam checking for a domain [In reply to]

Hi,

>> I have a server with multiple virtual domain,
>> I want to disable spam checking on some of them.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>
> You can't disable a domain *in* SA, but you can whitelist a domain in
> local.cf like so:
>
> # Disable SpamAssassin for this user/domain
> whitelist_to    someone [at] example
> whitelist_to    *@example.com

For completeness, you should know that some mail will still get tagged
with whitelist_to, according to this page:

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.3.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#item_whitelist_to_add_40ress_2ecom

You should use all_spam_to if you don't want the mail to be tagged at all.

Although it's much more involved, the best approach is to bypass SA
entirely, as Ned suggested.

Does anyone know where the best reference for doing this with amavisd
and postfix would be, btw? I'd like to include it in some docs I'm
putting together.

Best,
Alex

mr88talent at gmail

Re: How to I disable spam checking for a domain [In reply to]

On 4/22/10, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >> I have a server with multiple virtual domain,
> >> I want to disable spam checking on some of them.
> >>
> >> Is this possible?
> >
> > You can't disable a domain *in* SA, but you can whitelist a domain in
> > local.cf like so:
> >
> > # Disable SpamAssassin for this user/domain
> > whitelist_to someone [at] example
> > whitelist_to *@example.com
>
> For completeness, you should know that some mail will still get tagged
> with whitelist_to, according to this page:
>
> http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.3.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#item_whitelist_to_add_40ress_2ecom
>
> You should use all_spam_to if you don't want the mail to be tagged at all.
>
> Although it's much more involved, the best approach is to bypass SA
> entirely, as Ned suggested.
>
> Does anyone know where the best reference for doing this with amavisd
> and postfix would be, btw? I'd like to include it in some docs I'm
> putting together.
>
> Best,
> Alex

I think my doc might be helpful:
http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/bypassing.html

--
Gary V

mysqlstudent at gmail

Re: How to I disable spam checking for a domain [In reply to]

Hi,

>> Does anyone know where the best reference for doing this with amavisd
>> and postfix would be, btw? I'd like to include it in some docs I'm
>> putting together.
>
> I think my doc might be helpful:
> http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/bypassing.html

Yes, definitely. Thanks for the great work. It's going to take some
time to go through all of that.

Best,
Alex