Mailing List Archive: SpamAssassin: devel

Coming Ubuntu Long Term Support release, and SA v3.4.x

SpamAssassin devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

darxus at chaosreigns

Oct 27, 2011, 11:37 AM

Coming Ubuntu Long Term Support release, and SA v3.4.x

Ubuntu releases happen every 6 months, with Long Term Support (LTS)
releases happening every 2 years. The next release is an LTS release,
12.04 Precise Pangolin.

I think it would be nice to get SpamAssassin 3.4.x thoroughly tested and
included, with IPv6 support.

Feature freeze is February 16th.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule

and wrong." - H. L. Mencken
http://www.ChaosReigns.com

KMcGrail at PCCC

Nov 7, 2011, 7:47 AM

Re: Coming Ubuntu Long Term Support release, and SA v3.4.x [In reply to]

On 10/27/2011 2:37 PM, darxus [at] chaosreigns wrote:
> Ubuntu releases happen every 6 months, with Long Term Support (LTS)
> releases happening every 2 years. The next release is an LTS release,
> 12.04 Precise Pangolin.
>
> I think it would be nice to get SpamAssassin 3.4.x thoroughly tested and
> included, with IPv6 support.
>
> Feature freeze is February 16th.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule

I feel pretty confident we'll have 3.4.0 out and stable by then!

wtogami at gmail

Nov 7, 2011, 5:52 PM

Re: Coming Ubuntu Long Term Support release, and SA v3.4.x [In reply to]

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 5:47 AM, Kevin A. McGrail <KMcGrail [at] pccc> wrote:

> On 10/27/2011 2:37 PM, darxus [at] chaosreigns wrote:
>>
>> Ubuntu releases happen every 6 months, with Long Term Support (LTS)
>> releases happening every 2 years.  The next release is an LTS release,
>> 12.04 Precise Pangolin.
>>
>> I think it would be nice to get SpamAssassin 3.4.x thoroughly tested and
>> included, with IPv6 support.
>>
>> Feature freeze is February 16th.
>>
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule
>
> I feel pretty confident we'll have 3.4.0 out and stable by then!

Although not with IPv6 support.

quanah at zimbra

Nov 7, 2011, 5:59 PM

Re: Coming Ubuntu Long Term Support release, and SA v3.4.x [In reply to]

--On Monday, November 07, 2011 3:52 PM -1000 "Warren Togami Jr."
<wtogami [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 5:47 AM, Kevin A. McGrail <KMcGrail [at] pccc>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/27/2011 2:37 PM, darxus [at] chaosreigns wrote:
>>>
>>> Ubuntu releases happen every 6 months, with Long Term Support (LTS)
>>> releases happening every 2 years.  The next release is an LTS release,
>>> 12.04 Precise Pangolin.
>>>
>>> I think it would be nice to get SpamAssassin 3.4.x thoroughly tested and
>>> included, with IPv6 support.
>>>
>>> Feature freeze is February 16th.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule
>>
>> I feel pretty confident we'll have 3.4.0 out and stable by then!
>
> Although not with IPv6 support.

Why not?

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff

KMcGrail at PCCC

Nov 7, 2011, 6:56 PM

Re: Coming Ubuntu Long Term Support release, and SA v3.4.x [In reply to]

How so? We have an ipv6 mirror and plan to use a cname to support ipv6 to get the initial mirror list. Sa-update should work on a pure ipv6 host for 3.4.0.
Regards,
KAM

Re: Coming Ubuntu Long Term Support release, and SA v3.4.x [In reply to]

On 11/07, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 10/27/2011 2:37 PM, darxus [at] chaosreigns wrote:
> >Ubuntu releases happen every 6 months, with Long Term Support (LTS)
> >releases happening every 2 years. The next release is an LTS release,
> >12.04 Precise Pangolin.
> >
> >I think it would be nice to get SpamAssassin 3.4.x thoroughly tested and
> >included, with IPv6 support.
> >
> >Feature freeze is February 16th.
> >
> >https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule
>
> I feel pretty confident we'll have 3.4.0 out and stable by then!

Remember this?

The first 3.4.0 release candidate is now half a year overdue, planned
for about September 30th. The goal was to do the release after that
this month.

How's that going? I'd still like to see a weekly post of what remains to
be done.

--
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries of life disappear and
life stands explained." - Mark Twain

KMcGrail at PCCC

Re: Coming Ubuntu Long Term Support release, and SA v3.4.x [In reply to]

On 4/2/2012 2:51 PM, darxus [at] chaosreigns wrote:
> Remember this? The first 3.4.0 release candidate is now half a year
> overdue, planned for about September 30th. The goal was to do the
> release after that this month. How's that going?

I believe we have re-targetted for 4/30 for a release candidate of 3.4.0.

> I'd still like to see a weekly post of what remains to be done.
As I tell my kids, it's good to want things. It's another thing to get
it. In short, it's highly unlikely I will be posting weekly status
updates. I won't stand in the way of someone who wants to do it.

regards,
KAM

SpamAssassin devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded