wikidiffs at apache
Apr 27, 2012, 1:44 PM
Post #1 of 1
Dear Wiki user,
[Spamassassin Wiki] Trivial Update of "Rules/DKIM ADSP NXDOMAIN" by AndrewDaviel
You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.
The "Rules/DKIM_ADSP_NXDOMAIN" page has been changed by AndrewDaviel:
## page was copied from Rules/DKIM_ADSP_CUSTOM_MED
- == SpamAssassin Rule: DKIM_ADSP_CUSTOM_MED ==
+ == SpamAssassin Rule: DKIM_ADSP_NXDOMAIN ==
- ''Standard description:'' No valid author signature, adsp_override is CUSTOM_MED
+ ''Standard description:'' No valid author signature and domain not in DNS
=== Explanation ===
The presence of this test indicates that [[Plugin/DKIM|DKIM]] support is enabled on the server.
- The mail does not contain a valid DKIM signature and the domain of the sending address has been matched by an override setting (adsp_override).
+ The mail does not contain a valid DKIM signature and the domain of the sending address is not in the DNS
- For frequently seen domains that either do not publish an ADSP (Author Domain Signing Practices) records, or where a stronger (or weaker) policy is desired, the values can be specified in the configuration, saving the need for a DNS lookup.
- The current default ''custom_med'' overrides in [[http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/trunk/rules/60_adsp_override_dkim.cf|60_adsp_override_dkim.cf]] include entries for Yahoo and Google domains.
One reason for not seeing a signature on a mail from an domain which routinely signs them is that the signature header may have been stripped out, for example as part of a mailing-list expander.