wikidiffs at apache
Apr 27, 2012, 1:34 AM
Post #1 of 1
Dear Wiki user,
[Spamassassin Wiki] Trivial Update of "Rules/PART CID STOCK" by AndrewDaviel
You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.
The "Rules/PART_CID_STOCK" page has been changed by AndrewDaviel:
- ## page was copied from Rules/FROM_ILLEGAL_CHARS
- ## page was copied from Rules/SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS
## page was copied from Rules/MISSING_HEADERS
- == SpamAssassin Rule: FROM_ILLEGAL_CHARS ==
+ == SpamAssassin Rule: PART_CID_STOCK ==
- ''Standard description:'' From: has too many raw illegal characters
+ ''Standard description:'' Has a spammy image attachment (by Content-ID)
=== Explanation ===
+ HTML message contains an inline image with a Content-ID header characteristic of some mailout software used for spam.
- The From header contains 8-bit and other illegal characters that should be [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME|MIME]] encoded, as
- described in [[http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2045|RFC 2045]]
- This suggests that the sender is using badly-written mailout software, rather than a regular
- email program.
=== Further Info ===