wikidiffs at apache
Apr 27, 2012, 12:27 AM
Post #1 of 1
Dear Wiki user,
[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "Rules/TVD RCVD IP4" by AndrewDaviel
You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.
The "Rules/TVD_RCVD_IP4" page has been changed by AndrewDaviel:
## page was copied from Rules/SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS
## page was copied from Rules/MISSING_HEADERS
- == SpamAssassin Rule: SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS ==
+ == SpamAssassin Rule: TVD_RCVD_IP4 ==
- ''Standard description:'' Subject: has too many raw illegal characters
+ ''Standard description:'' (none)
=== Explanation ===
- The Subject header contains 8-bit and other illegal characters that should be [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME|MIME]] encoded, as
- described in [[http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2045|RFC 2045]]
+ Received via an IPv4 relay which appears to neither have a reverse DNS entry, or identify
+ itself with a HELO or EHLO command.
+ This suggests that the message is not coming from a legitimate email sender.
- This suggests that the sender is using badly-written mailout software, rather than a regular
- email program.
=== Further Info ===