Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Request Tracker: Users

User could not be created: Could not set user info

 

 

Request Tracker users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


mahini at apple

Dec 8, 2009, 2:35 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2350 views)
Permalink
User could not be created: Could not set user info

I am sharing an issue I encountered with RT (3.8.4), for which there
were no documented solutions, or the recommended solutions were not
applicable . Hoping this will save others some time & frustration.


Details:
===========

Using RT's UI, I was no longer able to create a user at all.
Additionally, individuals without an RT user account were not able to
send an email to a Queue (emails were getting bounced back). Even
though all privileges were set properly for 'Everyone', and
'Privileged' users. Note that at the same time, all existing users
were able to use RT without any issues (through both the UI & mail
gateway)

At the UI level, I was getting the following message:

"User could not be created: Could not set user info"

..and if anyone (with no RT account) was attempting to send an email
to RT, the following were getting logged:

/var/log/system.log file:
-----------------------------------
Dec 7 09:03:55 my_server RT[99170]: User creation failed in
mailgateway: Could not set user info (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)
Dec 7 09:03:55 my_server RT[99170]: Couldn't load user 'user [at] example
'.giving up (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:805)
Dec 7 09:03:55 my_server RT[99170]: User 'user [at] example' could
not be loaded in the mail gateway (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)
Dec 7 09:03:55 my_server RT[99170]: RT could not load a valid user,
and RT's configuration does not allow\nfor the creation of a new user
for this email (user [at] example).\n\nYou might need to grant
'Everyone' the right 'CreateTicket' for the\nqueue MY_QUEUE. (../lib/
RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)
Dec 7 09:03:55 my_server RT[99170]: RT could not load a valid user,
and RT's configuration does not allow\nfor the creation of a new user
for your email. (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)


Apache's error_log:
---------------------------
SHELL>$ tail -f error_log
[Mon Dec 7 17:03:55 2009] [warning]: Couldn't load user 'user [at] example
'.giving up (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:805)
[Mon Dec 7 17:03:55 2009] [crit]: User 'user [at] example' could not
be loaded in the mail gateway (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)
[Mon Dec 7 17:03:55 2009] [error]: RT could not load a valid user,
and RT's configuration does not allow
for the creation of a new user for this email (user [at] example).

You might need to grant 'Everyone' the right 'CreateTicket' for the
queue MY_QUEUE. (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)
[Mon Dec 7 17:03:55 2009] [error]: RT could not load a valid user,
and RT's configuration does not allow
for the creation of a new user for your email. (../lib/RT/Interface/
Email.pm:244)
[Mon Dec 7 17:03:55 2009] [error]: Could not record email: Could not
load a valid user (/path/to/your_RT/share/html/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-
gateway:75)
Dec 7 09:03:55 my_server RT[99170]: Could not record email: Could not
load a valid user (/path/to/your_RT/share/html/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-
gateway:75)


Solution:
==========

Looking at the RT_SiteConfig file, I realized I had added extension
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth to the plugins, and due to project
interruptions had not finished finalizing my Apache's setup for LDAP.

#Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::FM RT::IR RT::Authen::ExternalAuth)));
Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::FM RT::IR)));

Removal of this extension resolved the issue.

-Behzad


falcone at bestpractical

Dec 8, 2009, 2:41 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2268 views)
Permalink
Re: User could not be created: Could not set user info [In reply to]

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 02:35:54PM -0800, Behzad Mahini wrote:
> I am sharing an issue I encountered with RT (3.8.4), for which there
> were no documented solutions, or the recommended solutions were not
> applicable . Hoping this will save others some time & frustration.

You missed the AutoCreateNonExternalUsers option that
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth provides.

-kevin

> Details:
> ===========
>
> Using RT's UI, I was no longer able to create a user at all.
> Additionally, individuals without an RT user account were not able
> to send an email to a Queue (emails were getting bounced back). Even
> though all privileges were set properly for 'Everyone', and
> 'Privileged' users. Note that at the same time, all existing users
> were able to use RT without any issues (through both the UI & mail
> gateway)
>
> At the UI level, I was getting the following message:
>
> "User could not be created: Could not set user info"
>
> ..and if anyone (with no RT account) was attempting to send an email
> to RT, the following were getting logged:
>
> /var/log/system.log file:
> -----------------------------------
> Dec 7 09:03:55 my_server RT[99170]: User creation failed in
> mailgateway: Could not set user info
> (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)
> Dec 7 09:03:55 my_server RT[99170]: Couldn't load user
> 'user [at] example'.giving up (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:805)
> Dec 7 09:03:55 my_server RT[99170]: User 'user [at] example' could
> not be loaded in the mail gateway (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)
> Dec 7 09:03:55 my_server RT[99170]: RT could not load a valid user,
> and RT's configuration does not allow\nfor the creation of a new
> user for this email (user [at] example).\n\nYou might need to grant
> 'Everyone' the right 'CreateTicket' for the\nqueue MY_QUEUE.
> (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)
> Dec 7 09:03:55 my_server RT[99170]: RT could not load a valid user,
> and RT's configuration does not allow\nfor the creation of a new
> user for your email. (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)
>
>
> Apache's error_log:
> ---------------------------
> SHELL>$ tail -f error_log
> [Mon Dec 7 17:03:55 2009] [warning]: Couldn't load user
> 'user [at] example'.giving up (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:805)
> [Mon Dec 7 17:03:55 2009] [crit]: User 'user [at] example' could
> not be loaded in the mail gateway (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)
> [Mon Dec 7 17:03:55 2009] [error]: RT could not load a valid user,
> and RT's configuration does not allow
> for the creation of a new user for this email (user [at] example).
>
> You might need to grant 'Everyone' the right 'CreateTicket' for the
> queue MY_QUEUE. (../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)
> [Mon Dec 7 17:03:55 2009] [error]: RT could not load a valid user,
> and RT's configuration does not allow
> for the creation of a new user for your email. (../lib/RT/Interface/
> Email.pm:244)
> [Mon Dec 7 17:03:55 2009] [error]: Could not record email: Could
> not load a valid user
> (/path/to/your_RT/share/html/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway:75)
> Dec 7 09:03:55 my_server RT[99170]: Could not record email: Could
> not load a valid user
> (/path/to/your_RT/share/html/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway:75)
>
>
> Solution:
> ==========
>
> Looking at the RT_SiteConfig file, I realized I had added extension
> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth to the plugins, and due to project
> interruptions had not finished finalizing my Apache's setup for
> LDAP.
>
> #Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::FM RT::IR RT::Authen::ExternalAuth)));
> Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::FM RT::IR)));
>
> Removal of this extension resolved the issue.
>
> -Behzad


falcone at bestpractical

Apr 26, 2012, 8:05 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1462 views)
Permalink
Re: User could not be created: Could not set user info [In reply to]

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:27:30AM +0200, Adrian Stel wrote:
> I have a problem with creating users:
> "User could not be created: Could not set user info"

Is this user in your LDAP server? If not, have you configured
RT-Authen-ExternalAuth to allow users not in your LDAP server to be
created?

-kevin

> I'm not sure where in RT I should search issues. Could you help me, please
>
>
> here is log:
>
> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:24 2012] [debug]:
> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::CanonicalizeUserInfo called by
> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
> /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm
> 553 with: Address1: , Address2: , AuthSystem: , City: , Comments: ,
> ContactInfoSystem: , Country: , Disabled: 0, EmailAddress:
> test007 [at] test, EmailEncoding: , ExternalAuthId: ,
> ExternalContactInfoId: , FreeformContactInfo: , Gecos: , HomePhone: ,
> Lang: , MobilePhone: , Name: test007, NickName: , Organization: ,
> PagerPhone: , Privileged: , RealName: , Signature: , State: ,
> WebEncoding: , WorkPhone: , Zip:
> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:450)
> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:24 2012] [debug]: Attempting to get user info using
> this external service: My_MySQL
> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:458)
> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:24 2012] [debug]: Attempting to use this
> canonicalization key: Gecos
> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:472)
> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:25 2012] [critical]:
> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DBI::CanonicalizeUserInfo Nothing to
> look-up given (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI.pm:174)
> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:25 2012] [debug]: Attempting to use this
> canonicalization key: Name
> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:472)
> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:25 2012] [info]:
> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DBI::CanonicalizeUserInfo INFO CHECK FAILED
> Key: username Value: test007 No User Found in External Database!
> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI.pm:209)
> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:25 2012] [info]:
> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::CanonicalizeUserInfo returning Address1: ,
> Address2: , AuthSystem: , City: , Comments: , ContactInfoSystem: ,
> Country: , Disabled: 0, EmailAddress: test007 [at] test, EmailEncoding:
> , ExternalAuthId: , ExternalContactInfoId: , FreeformContactInfo: ,
> Gecos: , HomePhone: , Lang: , MobilePhone: , Name: test007, NickName:
> , Organization: , PagerPhone: , Privileged: , RealName: , Signature: ,
> State: , WebEncoding: , WorkPhone: , Zip:
> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:536)


adisan82 at gmail

Apr 26, 2012, 11:44 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1464 views)
Permalink
Re: User could not be created: Could not set user info [In reply to]

Hi Kevin,


yes I use ExternalAuth and I read about this issues, when I # this
plugin I will be able to add new user, question is, is there any
possibility to create user with RT-Authen-ExternalAuth ON ??

We are using RT-Authen-ExternalAuth (mysql)

Adrian

2012/4/26 Kevin Falcone <falcone [at] bestpractical>:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:27:30AM +0200, Adrian Stel wrote:
>> I have a problem with creating users:
>> "User could not be created: Could not set user info"
>
> Is this user in your LDAP server?  If not, have you configured
> RT-Authen-ExternalAuth to allow users not in your LDAP server to be
> created?
>
> -kevin
>
>> I'm not sure where in RT I should search issues. Could you help me, please
>>
>>
>> here is log:
>>
>> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:24 2012] [debug]:
>> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::CanonicalizeUserInfo called by
>> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
>> /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm
>> 553 with: Address1: , Address2: , AuthSystem: , City: , Comments: ,
>> ContactInfoSystem: , Country: , Disabled: 0, EmailAddress:
>> test007 [at] test, EmailEncoding: , ExternalAuthId: ,
>> ExternalContactInfoId: , FreeformContactInfo: , Gecos: , HomePhone: ,
>> Lang: , MobilePhone: , Name: test007, NickName: , Organization: ,
>> PagerPhone: , Privileged: , RealName: , Signature: , State: ,
>> WebEncoding: , WorkPhone: , Zip:
>> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:450)
>> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:24 2012] [debug]: Attempting to get user info using
>> this external service: My_MySQL
>> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:458)
>> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:24 2012] [debug]: Attempting to use this
>> canonicalization key: Gecos
>> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:472)
>> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:25 2012] [critical]:
>> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DBI::CanonicalizeUserInfo  Nothing to
>> look-up given (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI.pm:174)
>> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:25 2012] [debug]: Attempting to use this
>> canonicalization key: Name
>> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:472)
>> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:25 2012] [info]:
>> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DBI::CanonicalizeUserInfo INFO CHECK FAILED
>> Key: username Value: test007 No User Found in External Database!
>> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI.pm:209)
>> [Wed Apr 25 09:13:25 2012] [info]:
>> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::CanonicalizeUserInfo returning Address1: ,
>> Address2: , AuthSystem: , City: , Comments: , ContactInfoSystem: ,
>> Country: , Disabled: 0, EmailAddress: test007 [at] test, EmailEncoding:
>> , ExternalAuthId: , ExternalContactInfoId: , FreeformContactInfo: ,
>> Gecos: , HomePhone: , Lang: , MobilePhone: , Name: test007, NickName:
>> , Organization: , PagerPhone: , Privileged: , RealName: , Signature: ,
>> State: , WebEncoding: , WorkPhone: , Zip:
>> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:536)



--
Pozdrawiam
Adrian Stelmaszyk


falcone at bestpractical

Apr 27, 2012, 6:10 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1451 views)
Permalink
Re: User could not be created: Could not set user info [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 08:44:46AM +0200, Adrian Stel wrote:
> yes I use ExternalAuth and I read about this issues, when I # this
> plugin I will be able to add new user, question is, is there any
> possibility to create user with RT-Authen-ExternalAuth ON ??
>
> We are using RT-Authen-ExternalAuth (mysql)

Yes, there's a config option for it. If you don't spot it in the
sample config, post your config and someone will flag it for you.

-kevin

> 2012/4/26 Kevin Falcone <falcone [at] bestpractical>:
> > On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:27:30AM +0200, Adrian Stel wrote:
> >> I have a problem with creating users:
> >> "User could not be created: Could not set user info"
> >
> > Is this user in your LDAP server?  If not, have you configured
> > RT-Authen-ExternalAuth to allow users not in your LDAP server to be
> > created?

Request Tracker users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.