10 newest Unowned tickets

matthew.hunt at yhfsc

Jun 15, 2006, 7:28 AM

10 newest Unowned tickets

Hello all,

Just a kwik one, I have several queues and several groups, but I only
want these individual groups to only view the "10 newest unowned
tickets..." of there group. At the mo they can see all tickets that
have not been taken which i do not want. To make it even more simpler,
for me and any coding, is that they cannot see this area at all, but
only look into there own queues from the right hand Quick search bar.
If any one has any info or coding on this I would be most grateful.

Many thanks
--
Matthew Hunt BSc(Hons)
1st Line Technical Support

Commercial support: sales [at] bestpractical

We're hiring! Come hack Perl for Best Practical: http://bestpractical.com/about/jobs.html

KFCrocker at lbl

Jun 15, 2006, 9:39 AM

Re: 10 newest Unowned tickets [In reply to]

Matthew Hunt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Just a kwik one, I have several queues and several groups, but I only
> want these individual groups to only view the "10 newest unowned
> tickets..." of there group. At the mo they can see all tickets that
> have not been taken which i do not want. To make it even more simpler,
> for me and any coding, is that they cannot see this area at all, but
> only look into there own queues from the right hand Quick search bar.
> If any one has any info or coding on this I would be most grateful.
>
> Many thanks

Matthew,

Get away from global privileges, except for yourself (set up
yourself as SuperUser, no one else except maybe a backup). Set up
groups, like "Queuename-Tech" or "Queuename-Support" and
"Queuename-User". Put users in these groups as appropriate. Remove all
individual user privileges at both the Global and Queue level. Set your
Global group privileges for "EVERYONE" or "PRIVILEGED" (depends on how
you initially set up users when you add them to RT) to
ShowOutgoingEmail, CreateSavedSearch, EditSavedSearches,
LoadSavedSearch, ShowSavedSearches, and ModifySelf (ModifySelf is
required in conjunction with all the search rights if you want people to
create and save their own queries). Set up the Global Role of AdminCc
with the rights you want for all those users running/Administrating a
Queue (for example; We gave this global role all rights except:
AdminAllPersonalGroups, AdminCustomField, AdminOwnPersonalGroups, all
the Search rights because we already gave that to everyone,
ModifyTemplate, Superuser, and Watch. We did this because we like to
keep redundant and inconsistent creation of custom fields and group
names, etc. to a minimum so we do those things ourselves as the
administrators of RT itself as Superusers). That's it for Global rights.
Then, go to Configuration, Queues, Group rights and set up the rights
you want for each role *FOR THAT QUEUE* (for example; *For CC's* -
SeeQueue, ShowTicket, Watch. *For Requestors* - CreateTicket, SeeQueue,
ShowTicket, ReplyToTicket,Watch. *For Owners* - CommentOnTicket,
CreateTicket, ModifyTicket, DeleteTicket, OwnTicket, ReplyToTicket,
ShowTicket, SeeQueue, ShowTicketComments, ShowTemplate, TakeTicket,
Watch). Then set up the rights for each *group* you want to have access
*TO THAT QUEUE* for the kind of access you want them to have and you're
done. You might want to consider giving the same rights that are listed
for Owners to your support groups and then you can Remove the rights
from the Qwner's role (because of redundancy) OR you could just give
OwnTicket to that group and leave the Owners role with those rights I
listed. This keeps users from Queues and tickets you don't want them to
se or mess with. Works great for us. We even have our own Approval Queue
to act as a filter for requests that should not go to Technical Queues
at all but could be resolved by a Business Analyst, etc. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL

Commercial support: sales [at] bestpractical

We're hiring! Come hack Perl for Best Practical: http://bestpractical.com/about/jobs.html

ktm at rice

Jul 21, 2010, 9:18 AM

Re: 10 newest unowned tickets [In reply to]

You will need to enable using SQL for ACLs in RT_SiteConfig.pm.
It is beta/testing so buyer beware...

Ken

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:45:48AM -0500, Mark Jenks wrote:
> I have an issue I am trying to figure out.
>

> The default search for unowned tickets is:
>
> Owner = 'Nobody'
>
> AND (
>
> Status = 'new'
>
> Or Status = 'open')
>

> But it doesn't show everything for non system-admins. (i.e. people that
> can't see all of the queues)
>

> If I specify a queue, it works fine.
>

> It seems that it searches all the tickets, shows the top 10, and only
> displays the tickets that the user has access to the queues.
>
> So, if the user only has access to 1 out of 10 queues, there is a chance
> it will show nothing in it, because there are none in the top 10 that he
> as access to view.
>

> Sounds like a logic bug in the code? I am on 3.8.8.
>

> -Mark

> Mark Jenks
>
> Network Administrator
>
> iod incorporated
>
> mark.jenks [at] iodincorporated <mailto:mark.jenks [at] iodincorporated>
>
> 920-406-3702
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email message, including any attachments, may be
> privileged, confidential and otherwise protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
> message, including any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email message in
> error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete/destroy the email message, including attachments,
> and any copies thereof. Although we have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting viruses via
> email and attachments thereto, we do not guarantee that either is virus-free, and we accept no liability for
> any damages sustained as a result of any such viruses.

kfcrocker at lbl

Jul 21, 2010, 9:50 AM

Re: 10 newest unowned tickets [In reply to]

Mark,

It's just my opinion, but I like that logic. If I don't want someone to see
tickets in a certain Queue, why would I want them to see "unowned" tickets
in that same Queue? I wouldn't want that to change.

Kenn
LBNL

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Mark Jenks
<mark.jenks [at] iodincorporated>wrote:

> I have an issue I am trying to figure out.
>

> The default search for unowned tickets is:
>
> Owner = ‘Nobody’
>
> AND (
>
> Status = ‘new’
>
> Or Status = ‘open’)
>

> But it doesn’t show everything for non system-admins. (i.e. people that
> can’t see all of the queues)
>

> If I specify a queue, it works fine.
>

> It seems that it searches all the tickets, shows the top 10, and only
> displays the tickets that the user has access to the queues.
>
> So, if the user only has access to 1 out of 10 queues, there is a chance it
> will show nothing in it, because there are none in the top 10 that he as
> access to view.
>

> Sounds like a logic bug in the code? I am on 3.8.8.
>

> -Mark

> Mark Jenks
>
> Network Administrator
>
> *iod incorporated*
>
> mark.jenks [at] iodincorporated
>
> 920-406-3702
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email message,
> including any attachments, may be privileged, confidential and otherwise
> protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution
> or copying of this message, including any attachments, is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this email message in error, please notify
> the sender by reply email and delete/destroy the email message, including
> attachments, and any copies thereof. Although we have taken precautions to
> minimize the risk of transmitting viruses via email and attachments thereto,
> we do not guarantee that either is virus-free, and we accept no liability
> for any damages sustained as a result of any such viruses.

javoskam at uwaterloo

Jul 21, 2010, 10:10 AM

Re: 10 newest unowned tickets [In reply to]

On 07/21/2010 12:50 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> Mark,
>
> It's just my opinion, but I like that logic. If I don't want someone
> to see tickets in a certain Queue, why would I want them to see
> "unowned" tickets in that same Queue? I wouldn't want that to change.
>
> Kenn
> LBNL
No, but you may still want to see 10 tickets.

Investigate "Set( $UseSQLForACLChecks, 1 );" in your RT_SiteConfig.pm.

Jeff

kfcrocker at lbl

Jul 21, 2010, 10:46 AM

Re: 10 newest unowned tickets [In reply to]

Jeff,

Not if I'm not supposed to. So what if there aren't 10 unowned tickets in
the list? As a matter of security, I sure wouldn't want someone looking at
sensitive payroll info on requests in the Payroll Queue if they aren't even
allowed to have access to the payroll Queue.

Kenn
LBNL

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Jeff Voskamp <javoskam [at] uwaterloo>wrote:

> On 07/21/2010 12:50 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
>
>> Mark,
>>
>> It's just my opinion, but I like that logic. If I don't want someone to
>> see tickets in a certain Queue, why would I want them to see "unowned"
>> tickets in that same Queue? I wouldn't want that to change.
>>
>> Kenn
>> LBNL
>>
> No, but you may still want to see 10 tickets.
>
> Investigate "Set( $UseSQLForACLChecks, 1 );" in your RT_SiteConfig.pm.
>
> Jeff

jim at jamesberwick

Jul 21, 2010, 11:04 AM

Re: 10 newest unowned tickets [In reply to]

On 7/21/2010 1:46 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Not if I'm not supposed to. So what if there aren't 10 unowned tickets
> in the list? As a matter of security, I sure wouldn't want someone
> looking at sensitive payroll info on requests in the Payroll Queue if
> they aren't even allowed to have access to the payroll Queue.
>
> Kenn
> LBNL
If I understand correctly:
There are 100 open tickets. The 10 newest unowned tickets belong to a
queue that a user can't see. The user logs in and the 10 newest unowned
tickets box is empty. There are 90 other tickets that are new and
unowned that the user should be allowed to see but are not displayed.

What I believe Mark and Jeff are saying (and that UseSQLForACLChecks
does) is have the box be filled with the 10 newest unowned tickets that
a user is allowed to see, ie, filter the tickets during the search as
opposed to finding the top 10 and then filtering out what shouldn't be
visible.

peter at petermurfitt

Jul 21, 2010, 11:09 AM

Re: 10 newest unowned tickets [In reply to]

I think this is very similar to what Justin was saying a couple of weeks ago: http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2010-July/065538.html

Though it looked like that bug was fixed by 3.8.8

On 21 Jul 2010, at 19:04, James Berwick wrote:
> On 7/21/2010 1:46 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
>> Jeff,
>>
>> Not if I'm not supposed to. So what if there aren't 10 unowned tickets in the list? As a matter of security, I sure wouldn't want someone looking at sensitive payroll info on requests in the Payroll Queue if they aren't even allowed to have access to the payroll Queue.
>>
>> Kenn
>> LBNL
> If I understand correctly:
> There are 100 open tickets. The 10 newest unowned tickets belong to a queue that a user can't see. The user logs in and the 10 newest unowned tickets box is empty. There are 90 other tickets that are new and unowned that the user should be allowed to see but are not displayed.
>
> What I believe Mark and Jeff are saying (and that UseSQLForACLChecks does) is have the box be filled with the 10 newest unowned tickets that a user is allowed to see, ie, filter the tickets during the search as opposed to finding the top 10 and then filtering out what shouldn't be visible.

kfcrocker at lbl

Jul 21, 2010, 11:39 AM

Re: 10 newest unowned tickets [In reply to]

Jeff,

Sounds good to me.

Kenn

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:04 AM, James Berwick <jim [at] jamesberwick>wrote:

> On 7/21/2010 1:46 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
>
>> Jeff,
>>
>> Not if I'm not supposed to. So what if there aren't 10 unowned tickets in
>> the list? As a matter of security, I sure wouldn't want someone looking at
>> sensitive payroll info on requests in the Payroll Queue if they aren't even
>> allowed to have access to the payroll Queue.
>>
>> Kenn
>> LBNL
>>
> If I understand correctly:
> There are 100 open tickets. The 10 newest unowned tickets belong to a
> queue that a user can't see. The user logs in and the 10 newest unowned
> tickets box is empty. There are 90 other tickets that are new and unowned
> that the user should be allowed to see but are not displayed.
>
> What I believe Mark and Jeff are saying (and that UseSQLForACLChecks does)
> is have the box be filled with the 10 newest unowned tickets that a user is
> allowed to see, ie, filter the tickets during the search as opposed to
> finding the top 10 and then filtering out what shouldn't be visible.

adriena.siskova at tuke

Sep 7, 2010, 2:55 AM

Re: 10 newest unowned tickets [In reply to]

Peter Murfitt wrote / napísal(a):
> I think this is very similar to what Justin was saying a couple of weeks ago: http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2010-July/065538.html
>
> Though it looked like that bug was fixed by 3.8.8

I have same problem, and I am on 3.8.8. Any idea how it solve?
> On 21 Jul 2010, at 19:04, James Berwick wrote:
>
>> On 7/21/2010 1:46 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
>>
>>> Jeff,
>>>
>>> Not if I'm not supposed to. So what if there aren't 10 unowned tickets in the list? As a matter of security, I sure wouldn't want someone looking at sensitive payroll info on requests in the Payroll Queue if they aren't even allowed to have access to the payroll Queue.
>>>
>>> Kenn
>>> LBNL
>>>
>> If I understand correctly:
>> There are 100 open tickets. The 10 newest unowned tickets belong to a queue that a user can't see. The user logs in and the 10 newest unowned tickets box is empty. There are 90 other tickets that are new and unowned that the user should be allowed to see but are not displayed.
>>
>> What I believe Mark and Jeff are saying (and that UseSQLForACLChecks does) is have the box be filled with the 10 newest unowned tickets that a user is allowed to see, ie, filter the tickets during the search as opposed to finding the top 10 and then filtering out what shouldn't be visible.

RT Training in Washington DC, USA on Oct 25 & 26 2010
Last one this year -- Learn how to get the most out of RT!

ststefanov at gmail

Re: 10 newest unowned tickets [In reply to]

Thank you very much, Aaron!

"view ticket summaries" was wrong set field.
Now all is fine!

--
Stefan Stefanov