No mail is sent for AdminCC recepients

jzabolotnyi at arces

Aug 14, 2012, 6:23 AM

No mail is sent for AdminCC recepients

Hi everyone.

I have a little trouble: recepients set in AdminCC don't receive any mails
on ticket update (or any other events). Any other notification is doing
well. Should there be some permissions defined for this, or i miss
something else?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

--
Jack Zabolotnyi
Arces Network, LLC

e: jzabolotnyi [at] arces
w: http://www.arces.net

PGP key: 2048R/7F2AB658 2012-07-02
PGP fingerprint: 4C7E 00A8 5210 F3D9 0509 C70E 87C8 666E 7F2A B658

mike.johnson at nosm

Aug 14, 2012, 7:24 AM

Re: No mail is sent for AdminCC recepients [In reply to]

You need a scrip to do that action I believe.

Mike.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Jack Zabolotnyi <jzabolotnyi [at] arces>wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I have a little trouble: recepients set in AdminCC don't receive any mails
> on ticket update (or any other events). Any other notification is doing
> well. Should there be some permissions defined for this, or i miss
> something else?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help. :)
>
> --
> Jack Zabolotnyi
> Arces Network, LLC
>
> e: jzabolotnyi [at] arces
> w: http://www.arces.net
>
> PGP key: 2048R/7F2AB658 2012-07-02
> PGP fingerprint: 4C7E 00A8 5210 F3D9 0509 C70E 87C8 666E 7F2A B658

--
Mike Johnson
Datatel Programmer/Analyst
Northern Ontario School of Medicine
955 Oliver Road
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5E1
Phone: (807) 766-7331
Email: mike.johnson [at] nosm

jzabolotnyi at arces

Aug 14, 2012, 7:43 AM

Re: No mail is sent for AdminCC recepients [In reply to]

I thought it should be a default (built-in) action. Otherwise why is it
called AdminCC?

--
Jack Zabolotnyi
Arces Network, LLC

e: jzabolotnyi [at] arces
w: http://www.arces.net

PGP key: 2048R/7F2AB658 2012-07-02
PGP fingerprint: 4C7E 00A8 5210 F3D9 0509 C70E 87C8 666E 7F2A B658

rtusers-20090205 at billmail

Aug 14, 2012, 8:01 AM

Re: No mail is sent for AdminCC recepients [In reply to]

On 14 Aug 2012, at 10:43, Jack Zabolotnyi wrote:

> I thought it should be a default (built-in) action. Otherwise why is
> it
> called AdminCC?

There isn't really such a thing as "built-in" notification in RT: it is
all Scrips. The default Scrips DO send AdminCC's updates, specifically
via these Scrips:

On Create Notify AdminCcs
On Correspond Notify AdminCcs
On Comment Notify AdminCcs as Comment

mike.johnson at nosm

Aug 14, 2012, 8:28 AM

Re: No mail is sent for AdminCC recepients [In reply to]

I don't believe Best Practical "built-in" any actions. They leave it to
clients to customize the RT instance to their own personal preferences.

It is easy to put the scrips on to do what you are asking though.

Mike.

falcone at bestpractical

Aug 14, 2012, 10:01 AM

Re: No mail is sent for AdminCC recepients [In reply to]

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:28:04AM -0400, Mike Johnson wrote:
> I don't believe Best Practical "built-in" any actions. They leave it to clients to customize
> the RT instance to their own personal preferences.
> It is easy to put the scrips on to do what you are asking though.

We don't build any in, but we do ship some defaults, as noted by Bill.
My assumption is that the OP disabled some along the way.

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Jack Zabolotnyi <[1]jzabolotnyi [at] arces> wrote:
>
> I thought it should be a default (built-in) action. Otherwise why is it called AdminCC?
>
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Mike Johnson <[2]mike.johnson [at] nosm> wrote:
>
> You need a scrip to do that action I believe.
> Mike.
>
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Jack Zabolotnyi <[3]jzabolotnyi [at] arces> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone.
>
> I have a little trouble: recepients set in AdminCC don't receive any mails on ticket
> update (or any other events). Any other notification is doing well. Should there be some
> permissions defined for this, or i miss something else?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help. :)

jzabolotnyi at arces

Aug 14, 2012, 12:40 PM

Re: No mail is sent for AdminCC recepients [In reply to]

Ah, thanks everyone. I'll check configuration and look for this scrips
(seems like someone before me already worked with them....)