Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Request Tracker: Users

wrong date/time (export)

 

 

Request Tracker users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


labuz.marcin at gmail

Aug 8, 2012, 1:09 AM

Post #1 of 4 (477 views)
Permalink
wrong date/time (export)

Hi there,

I have weird problem with my RT (4.0.4) - when I'm trying to use
export option to CSV/XML file, my timezone is not taken into account.
I was looking for answer for many hours with no success.

My actual settings:

at RT:
Set($Timezone, "Europe/Warsaw");

at SERWER:
root [at] hatho:~# cat /etc/timezone
Europe/Warsaw

I believe this sets are correct. However, for some reason my(user's)
RT is ignoring them and puts incorrect (GMT) timezone value into
CSV/XLS files.

When searched for the solution throughout forums I saw many users had
the same type of problem, unfortunately none of them found the right
answer to this issue.
I'm having difficulties in finding the cause therefore, any assistance
would be helpful.

I’ m waiting for leads.

Regards,
Martin


falcone at bestpractical

Aug 8, 2012, 7:37 AM

Post #2 of 4 (444 views)
Permalink
Re: wrong date/time (export) [In reply to]

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 10:09:42AM +0200, Marcin Łabuz wrote:
> I have weird problem with my RT (4.0.4) - when I'm trying to use
> export option to CSV/XML file, my timezone is not taken into account.
> I was looking for answer for many hours with no success.

The spreadsheet link for me provides Created dates in the same
timezone (eastern) that my RT is configured for. Are you using some
extension? In 3.8, there were bugs around this, but 4.0's builtin
spreadsheet export should account for the user's timezone.

-kevin

> My actual settings:
>
> at RT:
> Set($Timezone, "Europe/Warsaw");
>
> at SERWER:
> root [at] hatho:~# cat /etc/timezone
> Europe/Warsaw
>
> I believe this sets are correct. However, for some reason my(user's)
> RT is ignoring them and puts incorrect (GMT) timezone value into
> CSV/XLS files.
>
> When searched for the solution throughout forums I saw many users had
> the same type of problem, unfortunately none of them found the right
> answer to this issue.
> I'm having difficulties in finding the cause therefore, any assistance
> would be helpful.


labuz.marcin at gmail

Aug 8, 2012, 10:09 AM

Post #3 of 4 (444 views)
Permalink
Re: wrong date/time (export) [In reply to]

Hi Kevin,

We're using this extensions:

Set(@Plugins,(qw(RTx::Calendar
RT::Extension::ExtractCustomFieldValues
RT::Extension::SLA
RT::Extension::ActivityReports
RT::Extension::JSGantt)));

Regards,
Martin


falcone at bestpractical

Aug 13, 2012, 7:49 AM

Post #4 of 4 (383 views)
Permalink
Re: wrong date/time (export) [In reply to]

Please reply to the list, there's no need to send me private mail.

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 07:09:25PM +0200, Marcin Łabuz wrote:
> We're using this extensions:
>
> Set(@Plugins,(qw(RTx::Calendar
> RT::Extension::ExtractCustomFieldValues
> RT::Extension::SLA
> RT::Extension::ActivityReports
> RT::Extension::JSGantt)));

None of these should override the spreadsheet download. I'd go
looking for local customizations, RT4 should obey user timezones when
outputting dates/times.

-kevin

Request Tracker users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.