4.0.4 -> 4.0.5 upgrade best practice?

mdinatale at hamdenpd

Aug 1, 2012, 12:47 PM

4.0.4 -> 4.0.5 upgrade best practice?

Is there a best practice upgrade guide anywhere?
I'm updating all my cpan modules right now, and
Would like to upgrade to take advantage of the new
Bug fixes, but the site documentation seems a little thin?
-m

Mario DiNatale
Information Technology Manager
2900 Dixwell Avenue Tel: 203-407-3187
Hamden, CT 06518 Fax: 203-230-4097
www.hamden.com

trs at bestpractical

Aug 1, 2012, 1:25 PM

Re: 4.0.4 -> 4.0.5 upgrade best practice? [In reply to]

On 08/01/2012 12:47 PM, Mario DiNatale wrote:
> Is there a best practice upgrade guide anywhere?
> I’m updating all my cpan modules right now, and
> Would like to upgrade to take advantage of the new
> Bug fixes, but the site documentation seems a little thin?

We write detailed upgrading documentation for each version and ship it
with RT. You should read the README and docs/UPGRADING-4.0. (Note that
there are other upgrading files you'd read as well if you were coming up
from an older version like 3.8.)

Additionally, we outline the upgrade process in a blog post:
http://blog.bestpractical.com/2011/07/upgrading-to-rt-4.html

mdinatale at hamdenpd

Aug 2, 2012, 5:26 AM

Re: 4.0.4 -> 4.0.5 upgrade best practice? [In reply to]

Very good, and is it recommended to go 4.0.4 to 4.0.6, or should users
go 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 to 4.0.6?
-m

On 08/01/2012 12:47 PM, Mario DiNatale wrote:
> Is there a best practice upgrade guide anywhere?
> I’m updating all my cpan modules right now, and Would like to upgrade
> to take advantage of the new Bug fixes, but the site documentation
> seems a little thin?

We write detailed upgrading documentation for each version and ship it with RT. You should read the README and docs/UPGRADING-4.0. (Note that there are other upgrading files you'd read as well if you were coming up from an older version like 3.8.)

Additionally, we outline the upgrade process in a blog post:
http://blog.bestpractical.com/2011/07/upgrading-to-rt-4.html

trs at bestpractical

Aug 2, 2012, 9:36 AM

Re: 4.0.4 -> 4.0.5 upgrade best practice? [In reply to]

On 08/02/2012 05:26 AM, Mario DiNatale wrote:
> Very good, and is it recommended to go 4.0.4 to 4.0.6, or should users
> go 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 to 4.0.6?

Going through an intermediate version is not necessary or generally
recommended.