RT 4.0.6 still not receiving incoming tickets via email

hesan.y at sussexstudent

Jul 30, 2012, 1:31 PM

RT 4.0.6 still not receiving incoming tickets via email

I have had problems with incoming tickets not being received into RT and
mail delivery delays and failures occurring.

I have checked MX records and traced the route to the server from the
DNS -and all seems fine and correct.

My scenario is:

RT server sits on domain X
Postfix ESMTP with authentication

Emails sent from domain Y into RT on domain X
Emails sent from RT handled by Google
Emails sent into RT also handled by Google.

Could anyone shed some light please?

Many thanks,
Hesan

falcone at bestpractical

Jul 31, 2012, 11:19 AM

Re: RT 4.0.6 still not receiving incoming tickets via email [In reply to]

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 09:31:24PM +0100, Hesan D Yousif wrote:
> I have had problems with incoming tickets not being received into RT
> and mail delivery delays and failures occurring.
>
> I have checked MX records and traced the route to the server from
> the DNS -and all seems fine and correct.
>
> My scenario is:
>
> RT server sits on domain X
> Postfix ESMTP with authentication
>
> Emails sent from domain Y into RT on domain X
> Emails sent from RT handled by Google
> Emails sent into RT also handled by Google.
>
> Could anyone shed some light please?

Without logs, we'd just be guessing. Figure out where the mail stops
and post logs from that server.

-kevin