Getting Notifications & New Mails

lists at mhcsoftware

Jul 27, 2012, 5:36 AM

Getting Notifications & New Mails

Hi,

I've to things I'm unable to find out how to get them:

1. I want to see in "10 highest priority tickets I own" when there is a
new message waiting for a response.

2. I need a "non mail" notification when ever a new message arrives by
preferably XMPP.

Can some one please help?

TIA
Matthias

--

MHC SoftWare GmbH
Fichtera 17

voice: +49-(0)9533-92006-0
fax: +49-(0)9533-92006-6
e-mail: info [at] mhcsoftware

HR Coburg: B2242
Geschäftsführer: Matthias Henze

JThuau at spacex

Jul 27, 2012, 8:41 AM

Re: Getting Notifications & New Mails [In reply to]

On 7/27/12 5:36 AM, "Matthias Henze" <lists [at] mhcsoftware> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've to things I'm unable to find out how to get them:
>
>1. I want to see in "10 highest priority tickets I own" when there is a
>new message waiting for a response.

There are setting for that in RT4 (look for "UnRead" in the RT config file
help.
(and make sure to modify RT_SiteConfig, not RT_Config)

>2. I need a "non mail" notification when ever a new message arrives by
>preferably XMPP.

You can accomplish that by using a scrip. The default one uses a built-in
"email" notification. If you can send XMPP notification from perl, you can
build a scrip that will do that exact same thing in RT.

Jok