Support for attached file in mobile interface

francesca.delcorso at bo

Jul 26, 2012, 7:23 AM

Support for attached file in mobile interface

Hi all,

I would like to know if the mobile interface of RT supports the attachment
of one or more files into a new created ticket, I have installed the last
plugin RT-Extension-MobileUI-1.02 into my RT 4.0.6 version and I connect
with my iPhone 4 to the RT web site (with the option /m); when I try to
create a new ticket, in the Attach file section the button Browse is greyed
and there is no field where I can write the name of the file I want to
attach. When I press the Add More Files button nothing happens. It is
correct? Do you think to implement this feature if it is not permitted at
the moment?

Thanks in advance

Francesca Del Corso

System Engineer

INFN Sezione Bologna

via Irnerio 46 Bologna

40126 Italy

trs at bestpractical

Jul 26, 2012, 9:18 AM

Re: Support for attached file in mobile interface [In reply to]

On 07/26/2012 07:23 AM, Francesca Del Corso wrote:
> I would like to know if the mobile interface of RT supports the
> attachment of one or more files into a new created ticket, I have
> installed the last plugin RT-Extension-MobileUI-1.02 into my RT 4.0.6
> version and I connect with my iPhone 4 to the RT web site (with the
> option /m); when I try to create a new ticket, in the Attach file
> section the button Browse is greyed and there is no field where I can
> write the name of the file I want to attach. When I press the Add More
> Files button nothing happens. It is correct? Do you think to implement
> this feature if it is not permitted at the moment?

The MobileUI extension was folding into core RT 4. You shouldn't
install it on RT 4, only RT 3. As for attaching, Mobile Safari doesn't
support file uploads. There's no file management on iOS.