Unable to see queue names as unprivileged users

aprilr at yelp

Jun 29, 2012, 3:38 PM

Unable to see queue names as unprivileged users

Good Afternoon!

I have been trying to put the finishing touches on RT and while I was doing
user documentation I noticed that an unprivileged user cannot see the queue
their ticket is in if they do not have specific rights on the queue. To
elaborate: We have five security queues, one for generic requests that
everyone has the SeeQueue and CreateTicket rights on, and four others that
we use to escalate the tickets to the correct campus. So if a user creates
a ticket in the SelfService they see this:

However I have now assigned that ticket to a person in a campus specific
queue, and the user no longer sees the queue name even though Requestor has
the SeeQueue right globally.

But in the ticket, I can see the queue name…

I haven’t been able to find anything on the web other than someone else
asking a similar question in 2008 on the list w/o a response.

Thanks for any help.

April
Attachments: image001.png (7.40 KB)
  image002.png (8.44 KB)
  image003.png (33.0 KB)
  image004.png (5.10 KB)

ruz at bestpractical

Jul 3, 2012, 10:16 AM

Re: Unable to see queue names as unprivileged users [In reply to]

Hi,

Granting SeeQueue via a role (Requestor/Cc/AdminCc...) has no effect if
user plays the role on a ticket. When RT checks the right on queue object,
it doesn't check if user is requestor of any ticket. Granting the right to
AdminCc and putting users as AdminCcs on queue will work, but not like you
want it.

You should either grant SeeQueue to Everyone/Privileged/Unprivileged or to
custom groups.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.