Some questions, a few oddities, and some must-haves...

gsieb at efashionsolutions

Jun 4, 2012, 1:29 PM

Some questions, a few oddities, and some must-haves...

Herro (decided since I'm actually doing this for *work*, I would
actually post from *work*'s email, since I have little-to-no time to
read my own mail at home lately)!

Hey everyone! Running Centos 5.8, RT v4.0.5, Perl 5.8.8, Apache 2.2.3,
MySQL 5.5.21.

Some questions:

1) Can I get a spellchecker to work in 4.0.5? We're setting this up for
some people here who require a spell checker, and Firefox/Chrome's
built-in will *not* work with RT's ticket body boxes. :-/ If this is
possible, is there a howto? I've read the wiki, but they all seem to be
for 3.x.x, not 4.

2) Is there an extension that lets me define a signature for separate
queues? (It can be only per queue, it doesn't have to be per-user.) So,
a signature that all emails going out from queueA get, queueB has it's
own, queueC it's own, etc.

Some concerns:

3) I run RT 4.0.5 on my home server, and have since version 2. I set up
4.0.5 here at work, and I noticed some oddities. The submenu disappears
on submission of a form. (Screen captures are here:
http://www.wingfoot.org/gallery/v/Glenn/ges-misc/RT/, pink is the work
site, brown is the home server) Needless to say, my users are not liking
this, and really, I'm finding it odd.

4) Possibly related to #3, when I go to Tickets/New Search, I'll fill
out the criteria area, and hit "Add these terms and search".. blank
results. Every time. And no submenu. (So the menu under the "New Ticket
in" button that says "Edit Search" etc.) If I put the criteria in as
"Add these terms" then click "Show results" in the submenu, I get
results. Occasionally, I get the submenu. Oddness. :-/

As always,

Thank you in advance!
Best,
--Glenn

(Aside: Jesse--are there going to be any more RT training sessions in
the Northeast US in the near future?)

--
Glenn E. Sieb
System Administrator

eFashionSolutions
80 Enterprise Avenue South
Secaucus, NJ 07094

falcone at bestpractical

Jun 6, 2012, 7:54 PM

Re: Some questions, a few oddities, and some must-haves... [In reply to]

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 04:29:01PM -0400, Glenn E. Sieb wrote:
> 1) Can I get a spellchecker to work in 4.0.5? We're setting this up
> for some people here who require a spell checker, and
> Firefox/Chrome's built-in will *not* work with RT's ticket body
> boxes. :-/ If this is possible, is there a howto? I've read the
> wiki, but they all seem to be for 3.x.x, not 4.

Firefox and Chrome's spellcheckers work fine. In fact, I get the
highlighting as I type. If that doesn't work, hold control when you
right-click to get to your spellchecker menu.

> 2) Is there an extension that lets me define a signature for
> separate queues? (It can be only per queue, it doesn't have to be
> per-user.) So, a signature that all emails going out from queueA
> get, queueB has it's own, queueC it's own, etc.

There isn't a feature for this in the message editor, but you could
certainly add queue specific Correspondence templates that contain a
signature.

> 3) I run RT 4.0.5 on my home server, and have since version 2. I set
> up 4.0.5 here at work, and I noticed some oddities. The submenu
> disappears on submission of a form. (Screen captures are here:
> http://www.wingfoot.org/gallery/v/Glenn/ges-misc/RT/, pink is the
> work site, brown is the home server) Needless to say, my users are
> not liking this, and really, I'm finding it odd.

> 4) Possibly related to #3, when I go to Tickets/New Search, I'll
> fill out the criteria area, and hit "Add these terms and search"..
> blank results. Every time. And no submenu. (So the menu under the
> "New Ticket in" button that says "Edit Search" etc.) If I put the
> criteria in as "Add these terms" then click "Show results" in the
> submenu, I get results. Occasionally, I get the submenu. Oddness.
> :-/

There were a few fixes to submenus in 4.0.6. If you have replication
recipes for 4.0.6, please file a bug with them.

Thanks

-kevin

gsieb at efashionsolutions

Jun 7, 2012, 12:55 PM

Re: Some questions, a few oddities, and some must-haves... [In reply to]

On 06/06/2012 10:54 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> Firefox and Chrome's spellcheckers work fine. In fact, I get the
> highlighting as I type. If that doesn't work, hold control when you
> right-click to get to your spellchecker menu.

After being frustrated with the "will control right-click work or not"
(since it seemed it kind of worked sometimes but not most times here),
we went and replaced the ckeditor included with RT (in
/$RTHOME/share/html/NoAuth/RichText/ckeditor with a newer version from
their website (ckeditor.com). We popped in a
/$RTHOME/share/html/NoAuth/RichText/ckeditor/config.js that looks like this:

/*
Copyright (c) 2003-2012, CKSource - Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved.
For licensing, see LICENSE.html or http://ckeditor.com/license
*/

CKEDITOR.editorConfig = function( config )
{
// Define changes to default configuration here. For example:
// config.language = 'fr';
// config.uiColor = '#AADC6E';
config.scayt_autoStartup = true;
config.toolbar_Full =
[
{ name: 'document', items : [
'Source','-','Save','NewPage','DocProps','Preview','Print','-','Templates'
] },
{ name: 'clipboard', items : [
'Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteText','PasteFromWord','-','Undo','Redo' ] },
{ name: 'editing', items : [
'Find','Replace','-','SelectAll','-', 'Scayt' ] },
'/',
{ name: 'basicstyles', items : [
'Bold','Italic','Underline','Strike','Subscript','Superscript','-','RemoveFormat'
] },
{ name: 'paragraph', items : [
'NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Outdent','Indent','-','Blockquote','CreateDiv','-','JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock','-','BidiLtr','BidiRtl'
] },
{ name: 'links', items : [ 'Link','Unlink','Anchor' ] },
'/',
{ name: 'styles', items : [
'Styles','Format','Font','FontSize' ] },
{ name: 'colors', items : [ 'TextColor','BGColor' ] },
{ name: 'tools', items : [ 'ShowBlocks','-','About' ] }
];
config.enterMode = CKEDITOR.ENTER_BR;
config.shiftEnterMode = CKEDITOR.ENTER_P;
config.enableTabKeyTools = true;
config.htmlEncodeOutput = false;

config.disableNativeSpellChecker = false;
config.browserContextMenuOnCtrl = true;

config.toolbarStartupExpanded = true;
config.font_names =
'Arial/Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;' +
'Courier New/Courier New, Courier, monospace;' +
'Georgia/Georgia, serif;' +
'Lucida Sans Unicode/Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;' +
'Tahoma/Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif;' +
'Times New Roman/Times New Roman, Times, serif;' +
'Trebuchet MS/Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, sans-serif;' +
'Verdana/Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif';

};

This turns on SCAYT by default, and removes the after-the-fact
spellcheck button which seems to throw errors, and removes other stuff
we don't necessarily care about (like bullets, forms, etc.).

We also set the toolbarStartupExpanded to true so it was just there for
our Customer Service reps. Since SCAYT is running by default, they'll
see their typos, and right-clicking will do what you expect it to,
without the CTRL key.

>> 2) Is there an extension that lets me define a signature for
>> separate queues? (It can be only per queue, it doesn't have to be
>> per-user.) So, a signature that all emails going out from queueA
>> get, queueB has it's own, queueC it's own, etc.
> There isn't a feature for this in the message editor, but you could
> certainly add queue specific Correspondence templates that contain a
> signature.

True. I suppose I can capture their Real Name as a perl-enabled-scrip
and pop it in the signature as well. Thanks! :)

>> 3) I run RT 4.0.5 on my home server, and have since version 2. I set
>> up 4.0.5 here at work, and I noticed some oddities. The submenu
>> disappears on submission of a form. (Screen captures are here:
>> http://www.wingfoot.org/gallery/v/Glenn/ges-misc/RT/, pink is the
>> work site, brown is the home server) Needless to say, my users are
>> not liking this, and really, I'm finding it odd.
>> 4) Possibly related to #3, when I go to Tickets/New Search, I'll
>> fill out the criteria area, and hit "Add these terms and search"..
>> blank results. Every time. And no submenu. (So the menu under the
>> "New Ticket in" button that says "Edit Search" etc.) If I put the
>> criteria in as "Add these terms" then click "Show results" in the
>> submenu, I get results. Occasionally, I get the submenu. Oddness.
>> :-/
> There were a few fixes to submenus in 4.0.6. If you have replication
> recipes for 4.0.6, please file a bug with them.

I'm running 4.0.5, which was the latest release when I installed RT a
month ago. I will have to try and come up with a maintenance window to
install 4.0.6 now. :-)

BTW, *my* server (the screenshot with the brown background) is *my*
server. My *work* server belongs to the company I work for. They do not
replicate with one another. I merely showed them as a comparison as to
what seemed weird.

Thanks, Kevin!
Best,
--Glenn

--
Glenn E. Sieb
System Administrator

eFashionSolutions
80 Enterprise Avenue South
Secaucus, NJ 07094

falcone at bestpractical

Jun 7, 2012, 1:50 PM

Re: Some questions, a few oddities, and some must-haves... [In reply to]

On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 03:55:21PM -0400, Glenn E. Sieb wrote:
> On 06/06/2012 10:54 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> >Firefox and Chrome's spellcheckers work fine. In fact, I get the
> >highlighting as I type. If that doesn't work, hold control when
> >you right-click to get to your spellchecker menu.
>
> After being frustrated with the "will control right-click work or
> not" (since it seemed it kind of worked sometimes but not most times
> here), we went and replaced the ckeditor included with RT (in
> /$RTHOME/share/html/NoAuth/RichText/ckeditor with a newer version
> from their website (ckeditor.com). We popped in a
> /$RTHOME/share/html/NoAuth/RichText/ckeditor/config.js that looks
> like this:

We tend to upgrade ckeditor in stable releases when there are severe
bugs that it fixes. If there are bugfixes that would be useful to
have, the rt bugtracker is the right place to document them.

> >There were a few fixes to submenus in 4.0.6. If you have replication
> >recipes for 4.0.6, please file a bug with them.
>
> BTW, *my* server (the screenshot with the brown background) is *my*
> server. My *work* server belongs to the company I work for. They do
> not replicate with one another. I merely showed them as a comparison
> as to what seemed weird.

I didn't say they replicated, I requested replication recipes against
4.0.6.

-kevin

gsieb at efashionsolutions

Jun 7, 2012, 2:53 PM

Re: Some questions, a few oddities, and some must-haves... [In reply to]

On 06/07/2012 04:50 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> We tend to upgrade ckeditor in stable releases when there are severe
> bugs that it fixes. If there are bugfixes that would be useful to
> have, the rt bugtracker is the right place to document them.

Fair enough. Thought that if someone else on this list wanted to check
out what we did, I'd post it here so it could be searched in the
archives. I tried setting our changes to the config.js to the built-in
ckeditor RT is using, and my ass-u-me-ption is that RT's version doesn't
have the spellcheck built in since ckeditor disappears on the ticket
creation/etc screens at that point. *shrug* No biggie. Popped in the new
ckeditor version and nifty as nifty can be.

>> BTW, *my* server (the screenshot with the brown background) is *my*
>> server. My *work* server belongs to the company I work for. They do
>> not replicate with one another. I merely showed them as a comparison
>> as to what seemed weird.
> I didn't say they replicated, I requested replication recipes against
> 4.0.6.

Ok, I'm completely confuzzled by both the original statement, and this
one. You want recipes for database replication? Or you wanted to know
how my server(s) (personal and work) were both set up? I thought that
was in the original email I sent? Personal server is on FreeBSD, work is
on CentOS, etc. I think perhaps you are confusing my issue with
something else..? Again, they are *separate* installs. The screenshots
were just for clarification and context. I.e., "Huh. My personal server
doesn't look like that.. what the heck is going on with the work server?"

The fact that you're telling me that 4.0.6 fixes some issues with
submenus is fine by me. I'll try and schedule a maintenance window to do
the upgrade over a weekend or overnight.

Thanks again, Kevin!
Best,
--Glenn

--
Glenn E. Sieb
System Administrator

eFashionSolutions
80 Enterprise Avenue South
Secaucus, NJ 07094

falcone at bestpractical

Jun 7, 2012, 4:40 PM

Re: Some questions, a few oddities, and some must-haves... [In reply to]

On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 05:53:24PM -0400, Glenn E. Sieb wrote:
> >>BTW, *my* server (the screenshot with the brown background) is *my*
> >>server. My *work* server belongs to the company I work for. They do
> >>not replicate with one another. I merely showed them as a comparison
> >>as to what seemed weird.
> >I didn't say they replicated, I requested replication recipes against
> >4.0.6.
> >

> Ok, I'm completely confuzzled by both the original statement, and
> this one. You want recipes for database replication? Or you wanted
> to know how my server(s) (personal and work) were both set up? I
> thought that was in the original email I sent? Personal server is on
> FreeBSD, work is on CentOS, etc. I think perhaps you are confusing
> my issue with something else..? Again, they are *separate* installs.
> The screenshots were just for clarification and context. I.e., "Huh.
> My personal server doesn't look like that.. what the heck is going
> on with the work server?"
>
> The fact that you're telling me that 4.0.6 fixes some issues with
> submenus is fine by me. I'll try and schedule a maintenance window
> to do the upgrade over a weekend or overnight.

I'm asking for a replication recipe.
I want to know the steps to replicate your bug.

-kevin

gsieb at efashionsolutions

Jun 8, 2012, 7:57 AM

Re: Some questions, a few oddities, and some must-haves... [In reply to]

On 06/07/2012 07:40 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> I'm asking for a replication recipe. I want to know the steps to
> replicate your bug. -kevin

LMAO! :-D Gotcha.. when *I* hear "replication" I hear "MySQL" or "HA"..
obviously not what you meant! :-)

Well on $WORK's server (CentOS 6.2), I did a bunch of "yum whatprovides"
to install the packages for RT, and installed them using "yum install."

Ran the usual configure/make testdeps (and anything missing, again,
installed via yum)/make install bits.

Here is the list of perl's packages RT shows in the configuration page
(minus the paths):

Apache::Session 1.86
Apache::Session::Generate::MD5 2.1
Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL 1.01
Apache::Session::MySQL 1.01
Apache::Session::Serialize::Storable 1.01
Apache::Session::Store::DBI 1.02
Apache::Session::Store::MySQL 1.04
AutoLoader 5.60
B 1.09_01