Lost RT server, reinstall 3.8 or upgrade to 4 preserving database?

BrianBuchanan at interfast

Jun 3, 2012, 10:46 AM

Lost RT server, reinstall 3.8 or upgrade to 4 preserving database?

I have lost my RT3 server, and it's backup. I still have the database in
Oracle, which was on another machine.

I'm looking for advice on how to approach this reinstallation. I do not
know the exact version of RT3, I think it was 3.8.8 but is there anyway to
determine that by looking at the Database?

I'm considering installing RT4 on a new machine and proceeding as an
upgrade. The only mod I had was LDAP (Active Directory) Authentication, I
haven't found out if RT4 supports that itself, or if I need to find that mod
again.

Thanks again for any advice.

Brian

ruz at bestpractical

Jun 25, 2012, 6:27 AM

Re: Lost RT server, reinstall 3.8 or upgrade to 4 preserving database? [In reply to]

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Brian Buchanan
<BrianBuchanan [at] interfast> wrote:

> I have lost my RT3 server, and it's backup.  I still have the database in
> Oracle, which was on another machine.
>
> I'm looking for advice on how to approach this reinstallation.  I do not
> know the exact version of RT3, I think it was 3.8.8 but is there anyway to
> determine that by looking at the Database?
>
> I'm considering installing RT4 on a new machine and proceeding as an
> upgrade.  The only mod I had was LDAP (Active Directory) Authentication, I
> haven't found out if RT4 supports that itself, or if I need to find that mod
> again.
>
> Thanks again for any advice.

We don't store RT version in DB (we have code, but it's aimed at 4.2+). The only
option is to review 3.8.x upgrade scripts and see which are safe to
re-run or was
run already.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.