RT 4.0.5 in search donīt have content option

juanjillo at gmail

RT 4.0.5 in search donīt have content option

Hi to all.

I have 4.0.5 on centos and with mysql.

When i do a search i only have Content-Type, Subjet and Filename parameters
to search for data in the ticket.
In my old 3.6.5 installation y have Subjet, Filename Content-type and
CONTENT. Option that doesnīt exists on my RT 4.0.5
Could you hel me to get this option in the search options?

Thanks.
Kidest Regards.

--
Un saludo.
Juanjo Corral

tjrc at sanger

Re: RT 4.0.5 in search donīt have content option [In reply to]

On 31 May 2012, at 09:36, Juanjo wrote:

> Hi to all.
>
> I have 4.0.5 on centos and with mysql.
>

> When i do a search i only have Content-Type, Subjet and Filename parameters to search for data in the ticket.
> In my old 3.6.5 installation y have Subjet, Filename Content-type and CONTENT. Option that doesnīt exists on my RT 4.0.5
> Could you hel me to get this option in the search options?

Full content searches are disabled by default in the configuration file, because they're not supported out of the box on all database types (at least, in an efficient manner). MySQL in particular, can't do them efficiently because of the lack of full text indexes on InnoDB tables. In order to enable them on MySQL, you have to set up Sphinx and then enable that in the configuration. There are instructions in the docs/full_text_indexing.pod file that comes with the RT distribution.

Tim

juanjillo at gmail

Re: RT 4.0.5 in search donīt have content option [In reply to]

OK, thanks.

--
Un saludo.
Juanjo Corral

bakern at gmail

Re: RT 4.0.5 in search donīt have content option [In reply to]

I did it recently. There's some good instructions on this older thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/103305

Specifically post #13

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 5:49 AM, Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail> wrote:

> OK, thanks.
>>
>> Now works as the old RT.
>> But i think that i have to migrate RT 4.0.5 in mysql to postgre.
>>
>> Anybody do it?

>>> with a compatible database?

>>> knowledge.
>>>
>>> You can do it with MySQL, if you enable sphinx (which is also fairly
>>> difficult, but not as hard as a Postgres migration).
>>>
>>> I think you can also switch it on without the indexing, which will
>>> restore 3.x like behaviour, with very slow full content searches. I think
>>> for this, you want something like this in your RT site config:
>>>
>>> Set( %FullTextSearch,
>>> Enable => 1,
>>> Indexed => 0,
>>> );
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>

>>> Tim
>>>
>>> --
>>> The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research
>>> Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a
>>> company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered
>>> office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.
>>>

>> --
>> Un saludo.
>> Juanjo Corral
>>

> --
> Un saludo.
> Juanjo Corral

juanjillo at gmail

Re: RT 4.0.5 in search donīt have content option [In reply to]

Thanks Nathan. I will check your migration process, and i will try it.

Regards.

--
Un saludo.
Juanjo Corral