Check custom field value before create.

jonathan.khattir at mobiquithings

Check custom field value before create.

Hi, I would like check if there are a custom field value in a custom field
before create the ticket. I think that use the beforecreate callbacks but i
don't know how getting custom field value. Thx
I'm French

kenn.crocker at gmail

Re: Check custom field value before create. [In reply to]

Jonathan,

If you're talking about creating a ticket via WebUI, then make the CF
mandatory. If you're talking about creating via email, you'll need a scrip.

Kenn

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Jonathan Khattir <
jonathan.khattir [at] mobiquithings> wrote:

> Hi, I would like check if there are a custom field value in a custom field
> before create the ticket. I think that use the beforecreate callbacks but i
> don't know how getting custom field value. Thx
> I'm French

kenn.crocker at gmail

Re: Check custom field value before create. [In reply to]

Jonathan,

You didn't mention 3. I must have missed that.
Actually it looks like you want any one of the 3 to be mandatory, but at
any point in time, you don't know which one.
Correct?

If so, you have to write a scrip.
Also, unless something has changed in RT, you cannot send out a message to
be displayed on the Web Page.

I use a Custom Field for that so that whenever something is missing or I
need the user to know that a field is incorrect, I put my message in that
CF and that CF is displayed on the ticket page. No one has privileges to
that CF (other than SeeCustomField) except RT.

Kenn

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Jonathan Khattir <
jonathan.khattir [at] mobiquithings> wrote:

> Yes i use the web interface. But cf mandatory is not good for me.
>
> I have three custom field and i would like force only one of three field.
>
> if(custom1=custom2=custom3=0)
> {
> dont create
> display messge ( fill custom1 or custom2 or custom3)
>
> }
>

> 2012/5/11 Kenneth Crocker <kenn.crocker [at] gmail>
>
>> Jonathan,
>>
>> If you're talking about creating a ticket via WebUI, then make the CF
>> mandatory. If you're talking about creating via email, you'll need a scrip.
>>
>> Kenn
>>

>> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Jonathan Khattir <
>> jonathan.khattir [at] mobiquithings> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi, I would like check if there are a custom field value in a custom
>>> field before create the ticket. I think that use the beforecreate callbacks
>>> but i don't know how getting custom field value. Thx
>>> I'm French

ruz at bestpractical

Re: Check custom field value before create. [In reply to]

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Jonathan Khattir
<jonathan.khattir [at] mobiquithings> wrote:

> Hi, I would like check if there are a custom field value in a custom field
> before create the ticket. I think that use the beforecreate callbacks but i
> don't know  how getting custom field value. Thx
> I'm French

To check (CF1 OR CF2 OR CF3) you have to use custom code.

There are several extensions on CPAN that contain RT and Mandatory
words, for example RT-Extension-MandatorySubject. These are excellent
points to start this code.

For new tickets CFs are passed with very long argument names -
RT::Ticket-new-CustomField-xxxx-Value. Use Data::Dumper to see all
arguments in request to get an idea of what to search for.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.