Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Request Tracker: Users

Can not open ticket with attachment on 4.0.5

 

 

Request Tracker users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


juanjillo at gmail

May 8, 2012, 8:21 AM

Post #1 of 10 (1168 views)
Permalink
Can not open ticket with attachment on 4.0.5

Hi people.

I finished migrate my old RT to new 4.0.5.
I see that i cant open a ticket if this ticket have an attachment. But, i
can attach a file to an existente ticket.

Could you help me?

Thanks.
Kindest regards.

--
Un saludo.
Juanjo Corral


ruz at bestpractical

May 8, 2012, 1:22 PM

Post #2 of 10 (1089 views)
Permalink
Re: Can not open ticket with attachment on 4.0.5 [In reply to]

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail> wrote:
> I finished migrate my old RT to new 4.0.5.

From which version on what DB?

--
Best regards, Ruslan.


juanjillo at gmail

May 9, 2012, 1:47 AM

Post #3 of 10 (1088 views)
Permalink
Re: Can not open ticket with attachment on 4.0.5 [In reply to]

2012/5/9 Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail>

> I think i know what are the problem.
>
> Mysql are using all the ram memory, when this happend doesnt accept
> attachment (per email or per uploading to ticket).
>
> Other thing, On Chrome when i upload a attachment i get a 500 internal
> server error. With IE or Firefox doesnt occur.
>
>
> 2012/5/9 Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail>
>
>> Sorry :(
>>
>> From 3.6.5 to 4.0.5 on mysql.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> 2012/5/8 Ruslan Zakirov <ruz [at] bestpractical>
>>
>>> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail> wrote:
>>> > I finished migrate my old RT to new 4.0.5.
>>>
>>> From which version on what DB?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards, Ruslan.
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Un saludo.
>> Juanjo Corral
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Un saludo.
> Juanjo Corral
>



--
Un saludo.
Juanjo Corral


juanjillo at gmail

May 9, 2012, 2:01 AM

Post #4 of 10 (1079 views)
Permalink
Re: Can not open ticket with attachment on 4.0.5 [In reply to]

The internal errors occur if i use other language than english. I thin that
i open new cuestion about it.

2012/5/9 Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail>

>
>
> 2012/5/9 Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail>
>
>> I think i know what are the problem.
>>
>> Mysql are using all the ram memory, when this happend doesnt accept
>> attachment (per email or per uploading to ticket).
>>
>> Other thing, On Chrome when i upload a attachment i get a 500 internal
>> server error. With IE or Firefox doesnt occur.
>>
>>
>> 2012/5/9 Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail>
>>
>>> Sorry :(
>>>
>>> From 3.6.5 to 4.0.5 on mysql.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 2012/5/8 Ruslan Zakirov <ruz [at] bestpractical>
>>>
>>>> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail> wrote:
>>>> > I finished migrate my old RT to new 4.0.5.
>>>>
>>>> From which version on what DB?
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Best regards, Ruslan.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Un saludo.
>>> Juanjo Corral
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Un saludo.
>> Juanjo Corral
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Un saludo.
> Juanjo Corral
>



--
Un saludo.
Juanjo Corral


juanjillo at gmail

May 9, 2012, 2:55 AM

Post #5 of 10 (1077 views)
Permalink
Re: Can not open ticket with attachment on 4.0.5 [In reply to]

Yes.

But i have some extra info.
In the time i cant open ticket with attachment, the mysql is at 90% (or
more) of ram memory. I change my my.cnf to make mysql less ram hungry.

But it donesnt he problem, not works fine. I cant upload if the file is
up than 100kb. I get an 500 internal server error. If the file is 24k works
fine for uopload, if is miore than 100k i cant upload it.


2012/5/9 Ruslan Zakirov <ruz [at] bestpractical>

> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail> wrote:
> > Sorry :(
> >
> > From 3.6.5 to 4.0.5 on mysql.
>
> Have you followed UPGRADING.mysql instructions?
>
>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > 2012/5/8 Ruslan Zakirov <ruz [at] bestpractical>
> >>
> >> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail> wrote:
> >> > I finished migrate my old RT to new 4.0.5.
> >>
> >> From which version on what DB?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best regards, Ruslan.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Un saludo.
> > Juanjo Corral
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards, Ruslan.
>



--
Un saludo.
Juanjo Corral


juanjillo at gmail

May 9, 2012, 3:52 AM

Post #6 of 10 (1080 views)
Permalink
Re: Can not open ticket with attachment on 4.0.5 [In reply to]

:( Sorry for my obstination and impatience.

I checked the apache log. If you use fastcgi, the upload limit are around
100k. You need to edit the vitualhost definition for RT with this.


<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
# 20MB should be enough
MaxRequestLen 20000000
</IfModule>

It permit upload files at least 20MB.

Sorry for the all the emails sent without making standart tests.
Kindest Regards.


2012/5/9 Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail>

> Yes.
>
> But i have some extra info.
> In the time i cant open ticket with attachment, the mysql is at 90% (or
> more) of ram memory. I change my my.cnf to make mysql less ram hungry.
>
> But it donesnt he problem, not works fine. I cant upload if the file is
> up than 100kb. I get an 500 internal server error. If the file is 24k works
> fine for uopload, if is miore than 100k i cant upload it.
>
>
>
> 2012/5/9 Ruslan Zakirov <ruz [at] bestpractical>
>
>> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail> wrote:
>> > Sorry :(
>> >
>> > From 3.6.5 to 4.0.5 on mysql.
>>
>> Have you followed UPGRADING.mysql instructions?
>>
>>
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > 2012/5/8 Ruslan Zakirov <ruz [at] bestpractical>
>> >>
>> >> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail> wrote:
>> >> > I finished migrate my old RT to new 4.0.5.
>> >>
>> >> From which version on what DB?
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Best regards, Ruslan.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Un saludo.
>> > Juanjo Corral
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Best regards, Ruslan.
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Un saludo.
> Juanjo Corral
>



--
Un saludo.
Juanjo Corral


ruz at bestpractical

May 9, 2012, 4:48 AM

Post #7 of 10 (1073 views)
Permalink
Re: Can not open ticket with attachment on 4.0.5 [In reply to]

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail> wrote:
> :( Sorry for my obstination and impatience.
>
> I checked the apache log. If you use fastcgi, the upload limit are around
> 100k. You need to edit the vitualhost definition for RT with this.
>
>
>         <IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
>            # 20MB should be enough
>            MaxRequestLen 20000000
>         </IfModule>
>
> It permit upload files at least 20MB.
>
> Sorry for the all the emails sent without making standart tests.
> Kindest Regards.

mysql also has max_packet_size (spelling may be wrong).


>
>
>
> 2012/5/9 Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail>
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> But i have some extra info.
>> In the time i can´t open ticket with attachment, the mysql is at 90% (or
>> more) of ram memory. I change my my.cnf to make mysql less ram hungry.
>>
>> But it donesn´t he problem, not works fine. I can´t upload if the file is
>> up than 100kb. I get an 500 internal server error. If the file is 24k works
>> fine for uopload, if is miore than 100k i cant upload it.
>>
>>
>>
>> 2012/5/9 Ruslan Zakirov <ruz [at] bestpractical>
>>>
>>> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail> wrote:
>>> > Sorry :(
>>> >
>>> > From 3.6.5 to 4.0.5 on mysql.
>>>
>>> Have you followed UPGRADING.mysql instructions?
>>>
>>>
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > 2012/5/8 Ruslan Zakirov <ruz [at] bestpractical>
>>> >>
>>> >> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Juanjo <juanjillo [at] gmail> wrote:
>>> >> > I finished migrate my old RT to new 4.0.5.
>>> >>
>>> >> From which version on what DB?
>>> >>
>>> >> --
>>> >> Best regards, Ruslan.
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > --
>>> > Un saludo.
>>> > Juanjo Corral
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards, Ruslan.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Un saludo.
>> Juanjo Corral
>
>
>
>
> --
> Un saludo.
> Juanjo Corral



--
Best regards, Ruslan.


juanjillo at gmail

May 9, 2012, 4:50 AM

Post #8 of 10 (1076 views)
Permalink
Re: Can not open ticket with attachment on 4.0.5 [In reply to]

Yes, this parameter is OK (at 15MB, per default). But the fastcgi parameter
by default is only 100k.

2012/5/9 Ruslan Zakirov <ruz [at] bestpractical>

> mysql also has max_packet_size (spelling may be wrong).
>
>
>


--
Un saludo.
Juanjo Corral


falcone at bestpractical

May 9, 2012, 8:13 AM

Post #9 of 10 (1070 views)
Permalink
Re: Can not open ticket with attachment on 4.0.5 [In reply to]

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 01:50:00PM +0200, Juanjo wrote:
> Yes, this parameter is OK (at 15MB, per default). But the fastcgi parameter by default is only
> 100k.

Yep, this is why I added
https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/commit/89c6750d4c87cfd65c5eaaec25928bb91ccfcb43
which will be in the docs for the next RT release.

-kevin

> 2012/5/9 Ruslan Zakirov <[1]ruz [at] bestpractical>
>
> mysql also has max_packet_size (spelling may be wrong).
>


juanjillo at gmail

May 9, 2012, 11:52 PM

Post #10 of 10 (1061 views)
Permalink
Re: Can not open ticket with attachment on 4.0.5 [In reply to]

Ok,. Thanks.

2012/5/9 Kevin Falcone <falcone [at] bestpractical>

> On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 01:50:00PM +0200, Juanjo wrote:
> > Yes, this parameter is OK (at 15MB, per default). But the fastcgi
> parameter by default is only
> > 100k.
>
> Yep, this is why I added
>
> https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/commit/89c6750d4c87cfd65c5eaaec25928bb91ccfcb43
> which will be in the docs for the next RT release.
>
> -kevin
>
> > 2012/5/9 Ruslan Zakirov <[1]ruz [at] bestpractical>
> >
> > mysql also has max_packet_size (spelling may be wrong).
> >
>



--
Un saludo.
Juanjo Corral

Request Tracker users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.