Auto Create a child ticket via RT scripts available from Queue Management page

kirby at umbc

Auto Create a child ticket via RT scripts available from Queue Management page

I have a situation where I need, upon creation of a ticket in a queue, to create a child ticket in a different queue (actually I need to create 2 child tickets)

I looked at the ForkIntoNewTicket contribution and I am not 100% sure how to use this script.

I work in the area under scripts for the Queue which is all inside of RT and was hoping I could create a script condition of OnCreate with a User Defined action but this seems to be much more complicated

I do have someone on the web team who gives me some support (outside of my area) but I wanted to see if there are any options out there before I get him involved as he does not have many spare cycles for this kind of work.

I am on 3.8.7 moving to 4.0.5 in June

I do not need the ticket to cascade attachments and I could even have it force a requestor if that makes it easier. The subject is my main concern after linking.

My main goal is to create 2 tickets which are linked to the original ticket but in different queues

My lack of web programming is most likely my impediment here and if that is the case I will take the advise of the group and explore with the web developer

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe Kirby , Assistant Vice President, Business Systems
Division of Information Technology (DoIT)
Support Response - http://www.umbc.edu/doit
Administration 627
Office - 410-455-3020
Email - kirby [at] umbc

falcone at bestpractical

Re: Auto Create a child ticket via RT scripts available from Queue Management page [In reply to]

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 08:31:38AM -0400, Joe Kirby wrote:
> I have a situation where I need, upon creation of a ticket in a queue, to create a child
> ticket in a different queue (actually I need to create 2 child tickets)

If you need this to happen automatically upon creating, you want to
read the docs for the CreateTickets action shipped with core RT. It
allows for the programmatic creation of 1 or more tickets based on
certain conditions, extracting information from the original ticket
and setting up links, etc. It's what is used to configure Approvals.

You can see the docs with perldoc
/opt/rt4/lib/RT/Action/CreateTickets.pm

ForkIntoNewTicket and SpawnLinkedTicketsWithQueue are manual
processes and are available on the ticket Display page.

-kevin