Include web service result in a page without using custom fields

mgiammarco at gmail

Include web service result in a page without using custom fields

Hello,
I need to put in the ticket page additional user info that I get with a rest web
service.

How can I do it with Request Tracker?

Thanks,
Mario

ruz at bestpractical

Re: Include web service result in a page without using custom fields [In reply to]

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Mario <mgiammarco [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hello,
> I need to put in the ticket page additional user info that I get with a rest web
> service.
>
> How can I do it with Request Tracker?

Two ways:

1) Javascript on Ticket's page gets the data and puts it all on the page.

2) RT server gets the data and puts it into RT's page(s).

In both cases you use callbacks. In first case to place JS into page.
In second case to place HTML.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.

mgiammarco at gmail

Re: Include web service result in a page without using custom fields [In reply to]

Ruslan Zakirov <ruz <at> bestpractical.com> writes:

> Two ways:
>
> 1) Javascript on Ticket's page gets the data and puts it all on the page.
>
> 2) RT server gets the data and puts it into RT's page(s).

Thanks for reply!

I forgot a thing: do I have to modify RT source code? I am searching a solution
where I do not have to modify it.

Mario

ruz at bestpractical

Re: Include web service result in a page without using custom fields [In reply to]

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Mario <mgiammarco [at] gmail> wrote:
> Ruslan Zakirov <ruz <at> bestpractical.com> writes:
>

>> Two ways:
>>
>> 1) Javascript on Ticket's page gets the data and puts it all on the page.
>>
>> 2) RT server gets the data and puts it into RT's page(s).
>>

> Thanks for reply!
>
> I forgot a thing: do I have to modify RT source code? I am searching a solution
> where I do not have to modify it.

You don't modify code directly, but use callbacks that are designed
for injections
of custom things into UI. You can not do what you want without some
code. Callbacks
allow you to keep RT core code and your custom code isolated and avoid
upgrade hazard.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.