Multiples users with shared email address

kmkale at gmail

Multiples users with shared email address

Hi
I am in a situation where multiple users share a common email address.
But when I try to create the users through the web interface, it gives
me a message "User could not be created: Email address in use"
Is there any way we can have a common email address for multiple users in RT?

Regards,
Koustubha Kale

sjalexander at mpbx

Re: Multiples users with shared email address [In reply to]

If your email carrier supports it, you could try using the
account+name [at] whateve format where the email address is account [at] whatever
just modify by adding +name. If your email carrier is implemented correctly
this will work.

Regards,

Stephen J Alexander
MPBX, LLC
http://mpbx.com
832-713-6729

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 5:06 AM, Koustubha Kale <kmkale [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi
> I am in a situation where multiple users share a common email address.
> But when I try to create the users through the web interface, it gives
> me a message "User could not be created: Email address in use"
> Is there any way we can have a common email address for multiple users in
> RT?
>
> Regards,
> Koustubha Kale

ruz at bestpractical

Re: Multiples users with shared email address [In reply to]

Hi,

That email is already in use. Search mailing list archives, it's
answered several times.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.