the past 7 days. Anyone have any idea how to do this? Everything I try
is not giving me the results I am looking for.

ruz at bestpractical

Re: RT has the worst reporting system [In reply to]

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Michael Newland
<Michael.Newland [at] timco> wrote:
> I am trying to create a query that will search resolved tickets within the
> past 7 days.  Anyone have any idea how to do this?  Everything I try is not
> giving me the results I am looking for.

Status = 'resolved' && Resolved > '7 days ago'

--
Best regards, Ruslan.

Izz.Abdullah at hibbett

Re: RT has the worst reporting system [In reply to]

Isn't the logic there backwards? Shouldn't it be less than:
Status = 'resolved' && Resolved < '7 days ago'

We use this...I would have to look at the saved search

Re: RT has the worst reporting system [In reply to]

Oddly, I think Ruslan's logic was correct. We have one for 'Older than x days' and it goes like this:
LastUpdated < 'x days ago'
AND (
Status = 'new'
OR Status = 'open')
AND (
Queue = 'General'
OR Queue = 'Another Queue to Monitor')

You get the idea on the first line...

Isn't the logic there backwards? Shouldn't it be less than:
Status = 'resolved' && Resolved < '7 days ago'

We use this...I would have to look at the saved search

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Michael Newland <Michael.Newland [at] timco> wrote:
> I am trying to create a query that will search resolved tickets within
> the past 7 days.  Anyone have any idea how to do this?  Everything I
> try is not giving me the results I am looking for.

Status = 'resolved' && Resolved > '7 days ago'

--
Best regards, Ruslan.

ktm at rice

Re: RT has the worst reporting system [In reply to]

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 06:35:18PM +0000, Izz Abdullah wrote:
> Oddly, I think Ruslan's logic was correct. We have one for 'Older than x days' and it goes like this:
> LastUpdated < 'x days ago'
> AND (
> Status = 'new'
> OR Status = 'open')
> AND (
> Queue = 'General'
> OR Queue = 'Another Queue to Monitor')
>
> You get the idea on the first line...

The "<" should be translated as "before", not less than and ">" should be treated as
"after" and not "greater than". So the query wants all ticket with a LastUpdated date
AFTER the day, 7 days ago.

Regards,
Ken

kenn.crocker at gmail

Re: RT has the worst reporting system [In reply to]

Michael,

Ruslan's logic is correct.

Although I believe it could be shorter since the "Resolved" field is a *date
field* and shouldn't have a value unless the ticket has been resolved.
Therefore 'Resoved > 7 days ago' would work as it interprets your situation
as
"if the resolved date has a date greater than 7 days ago', that would mean
any ticket with a "Resolved Date" within that last 7 days would meet the
criteria.

Kenn

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:41 AM, ktm [at] rice <ktm [at] rice> wrote:

> On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 06:35:18PM +0000, Izz Abdullah wrote:
> > Oddly, I think Ruslan's logic was correct. We have one for 'Older than
> x days' and it goes like this:
> > LastUpdated < 'x days ago'
> > AND (
> > Status = 'new'
> > OR Status = 'open')
> > AND (
> > Queue = 'General'
> > OR Queue = 'Another Queue to Monitor')
> >
> > You get the idea on the first line...
> >

> The "<" should be translated as "before", not less than and ">" should be
> treated as
> "after" and not "greater than". So the query wants all ticket with a
> LastUpdated date
> AFTER the day, 7 days ago.
>
> Regards,
> Ken

phil at macprofessionals

Re: RT has the worst reporting system [In reply to]

On 05/02/2012 03:29 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> Although I believe it could be shorter since the "Resolved" field is a
> /*date field*/ and shouldn't have a value unless the ticket has been
> resolved.

Unless it was resolved and then reopened.