Is this all that I needed to do or what does the system actually do when a
record is set to deleted.

ktm at rice

Re: Un deleting tickets [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 11:44:56AM -0500, Chris Preston wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I had set the status to deleted for thousands of records in a particular
> queue. I have now found out that we still need them. So I went into the
> tickets table and updated the records that were set to deleted and put them
> to new. I also changed the date of a tickets and set it to an earlier date.
>

> Is this all that I needed to do or what does the system actually do when a
> record is set to deleted.

Yes, that is all that happens unless you have scrips that trigger based on
the deleted status.

Cheers,
Ken

ruz at bestpractical

Re: Un deleting tickets [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 20:44, Chris Preston
<chris [at] thetrafalgartravel> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I had set the status to deleted for thousands of records in a particular
> queue.  I have now found out that we still need them.  So I went into the
> tickets table and updated the records that were set to deleted and put them
> to new.  I also changed the date of a tickets and set it to an earlier date.
>

> Is this all that I needed to do or what does the system actually do when a
> record is set to deleted.

RT also records Status change in Transactions table. You may want to
delete those records.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.

mike.johnson at nosm

Re: Un deleting tickets [In reply to]

Would this be possible??

Do an advanced search for status='deleted', and the date it was deleted on,
and do a bulk update on all those tickets to make them another status?

Just a thought, but I always tend to favor doing large updates through the
tools provided... I just don't know if what I mentioned above is possible...

Mike.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Chris Preston <

--
Mike Johnson
Datatel Programmer/Analyst

ruz at bestpractical

Re: Un deleting tickets [In reply to]

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 23:48, Mike Johnson <mike.johnson [at] nosm> wrote:
> Would this be possible??
>
> Do an advanced search for status='deleted', and the date it was deleted on,
> and do a bulk update on all those tickets to make them another status?
>
> Just a thought, but I always tend to favor doing large updates through the
> tools provided... I just don't know if what I mentioned above is possible...

With a script yes, but not in the UI. RT UI does filter out deleted
tickets even if you ask for them on purpose. There is a trick
available to do it from a custom code.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.

chris at thetrafalgartravel

Re: Un deleting tickets [In reply to]

You spoke of transaction tables, what would be the name of the table. Why
would I delete it if I want to keep the transaction, do you mean to change
the status in that table also back to new or actually delete the
transactions

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 20:44, Chris Preston
<chris [at] thetrafalgartravel> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I had set the status to deleted for thousands of records in a particular
> queue. I have now found out that we still need them. So I went into the
> tickets table and updated the records that were set to deleted and put
them
> to new. I also changed the date of a tickets and set it to an earlier
date.

> Is this all that I needed to do or what does the system actually do when a
> record is set to deleted.

RT also records Status change in Transactions table. You may want to
delete those records.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.
-----

JThuau at spacex

Re: Un deleting tickets [In reply to]

Chris,

You probably should have searched for "status=deleted" and find the ticket
you wanted to bring back those (bulk update for example).
With the actual DB change underneath, I'm not sure if this would actually
work

Jok
--
| Joachim Thuau | IT Systems Engineer - Linux / SpaceX |
| Cell: 310-890-7937 | Office: 310-363-6153 |

On 5/16/12 1:34 PM, "Chris Preston" <chris [at] thetrafalgartravel> wrote:

>You spoke of transaction tables, what would be the name of the table. Why
>would I delete it if I want to keep the transaction, do you mean to change
>the status in that table also back to new or actually delete the
>transactions

ruz at bestpractical

Re: Un deleting tickets [In reply to]

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Chris Preston
<chris [at] thetrafalgartravel> wrote:
> You spoke of transaction tables, what would be the name of the table.  Why
> would I delete it if I want to keep the transaction, do you mean to change
> the status in that table also back to new or actually delete the
> transactions

The table is called "Transactions". You don't delete the table. Take a
look at the table and
probably you'll get what I ment.

Best regards, Ruslan.