custom field applied to queue/ticket transaction

jiten at cobite

custom field applied to queue/ticket transaction

I am a newbie on rt. I did some search in the archived and couldn't find
an answer and so decided to post.

We use the web interface to create ticket. We have multiple queues and
have created custom fields that "applies to" ticket.

I have tried to create a custom field and applied it to ticket
transaction but it does not show up on the web interface. I have read
the RT Essentials but it does not cover this either.

What is the meaning of custom field "applies to" queue/ticket
transaction and how to use it?

Jiten

falcone at bestpractical

Re: custom field applied to queue/ticket transaction [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:05:52AM -0400, Jiten Dedhia wrote:
> I am a newbie on rt. I did some search in the archived and couldn't
> find an answer and so decided to post.
>
> We use the web interface to create ticket. We have multiple queues
> and have created custom fields that "applies to" ticket.
>
> I have tried to create a custom field and applied it to ticket
> transaction but it does not show up on the web interface. I have
> read the RT Essentials but it does not cover this either.
>
> What is the meaning of custom field "applies to" queue/ticket
> transaction and how to use it?

It shows up on the Reply/Comment page if applied/permissioned
correctly.

-kevin

ruslan.zakirov at gmail

Re: custom field applied to queue/ticket transaction [In reply to]

You see and set them on replies and comments. Dont forget to apply them to
a queue.

Ruslan from phone.