and queues. However I can't find any old tickets.

Followed Step 6b and ran:

make upgrade
make upgrade-database

Any suggestions.

Thanks
-Azher

azher at hep

Re: Upgrade to 4.05, no old tickets [In reply to]

Hi All,

Just checking again, if anyone can give some hints on how to recover the
old tickets after the upgrade. I do have old database dump available.

Thanks
-Azher

On 4/1/2012 12:00 PM, Azher Mughal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just upgraded from 3.8.7 to latest 4.0.5. I can login, see all the users
> and queues. However I can't find any old tickets.
>
> Followed Step 6b and ran:
>
> make upgrade
> make upgrade-database
>
> Any suggestions.
>
> Thanks
> -Azher

trs at bestpractical

Re: Upgrade to 4.05, no old tickets [In reply to]

On 04/03/2012 09:49 AM, Azher Mughal wrote:
> Just checking again, if anyone can give some hints on how to recover the
> old tickets after the upgrade. I do have old database dump available.

The old tickets shouldn't have disappeared just because the upgrade
steps were run. The whole point of database upgrades is that you keep
your data. What's in the Tickets table in the upgraded database?

select count(id) from Tickets;

Is the data in there?

Are all of your tickets "missing" or just some?

Thomas

azher at hep

Re: Upgrade to 4.05, no old tickets [In reply to]

Hi Thomas,

Old tickets are there in the db. None of the old tickets are available
in search or in dashboard or in reports.

Thanks
-Azher

+-----------+
| count(id) |
+-----------+
| 256 |
+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

On 4/3/2012 6:55 AM, Thomas Sibley wrote:
> On 04/03/2012 09:49 AM, Azher Mughal wrote:
>> Just checking again, if anyone can give some hints on how to recover the
>> old tickets after the upgrade. I do have old database dump available.
> The old tickets shouldn't have disappeared just because the upgrade
> steps were run. The whole point of database upgrades is that you keep
> your data. What's in the Tickets table in the upgraded database?
>
> select count(id) from Tickets;
>
> Is the data in there?
>
> Are all of your tickets "missing" or just some?
>
> Thomas

falcone at bestpractical

Re: Upgrade to 4.05, no old tickets [In reply to]

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 07:08:43AM -0700, Azher Mughal wrote:
> Old tickets are there in the db. None of the old tickets are
> available in search or in dashboard or in reports.
>
> mysql> select count(id) from Tickets;
> +-----------+
> | count(id) |
> +-----------+
> | 256 |
> +-----------+

And when you go to
http://your.new.rt.host/Ticket/Display.html?id=255 what's the error
message on the screen and in the logs?

-kevin

azher at hep

Re: Upgrade to 4.05, no old tickets [In reply to]

That works and I can see the old ticket.

I think problem was in my search, I thought without adding any options
it might list all the tickets :( But properly putting the subject field
i can see the tickets.

Thanks
-Azher

On 4/3/2012 8:25 AM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 07:08:43AM -0700, Azher Mughal wrote:
>> Old tickets are there in the db. None of the old tickets are
>> available in search or in dashboard or in reports.
>>
>> mysql> select count(id) from Tickets;
>> +-----------+
>> | count(id) |
>> +-----------+
>> | 256 |
>> +-----------+
> And when you go to
> http://your.new.rt.host/Ticket/Display.html?id=255 what's the error
> message on the screen and in the logs?
>
> -kevin

falcone at bestpractical

Re: Upgrade to 4.05, no old tickets [In reply to]

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 08:40:44AM -0700, Azher Mughal wrote:
> I think problem was in my search, I thought without adding any
> options it might list all the tickets :( But properly putting the
> subject field i can see the tickets.

Did that work in 3.8.7?

-kevin