Some CFs display on ticket and update pages but not in query builder

michael.steen at livetext

Mar 21, 2012, 2:42 PM

Some CFs display on ticket and update pages but not in query builder

Hello,

We're running RT 3.8.9, and it appears I might have a permissions
issue. The way I've organized permissions might be a factor, so I'll
explain in brief. The user is in "usergroupa," the queue level
SeeCustomField and ModifyCustomField group rights are granted to
"rightsgroup1" usergroupa is a member of rightsgroup1.

The strange thing is that some of the CF's show up in the Add Criteria
box, but some do not. Previously, the Everybody group had
SeeCustomField right globally, so we hadn't noticed this until I
removed that. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Mike

ruz at bestpractical

Mar 22, 2012, 4:55 AM

Re: Some CFs display on ticket and update pages but not in query builder [In reply to]

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 01:42, Michael Steen <michael.steen [at] livetext> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're running RT 3.8.9, and it appears I might have a permissions
> issue.  The way I've organized permissions might be a factor, so I'll
> explain in brief.  The user is in "usergroupa," the queue level
> SeeCustomField and ModifyCustomField group rights are granted to
> "rightsgroup1" usergroupa is a member of rightsgroup1.
>
> The strange thing is that some of the CF's show up in the Add Criteria
> box, but some do not.  Previously, the Everybody group had
> SeeCustomField right globally, so we hadn't noticed this until I
> removed that.  Has anyone seen this before?

This was discussed several times recently.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.