Changing the auto reply text "could not load valid user"

l.loskot at seznam

Mar 9, 2012, 4:10 AM

Changing the auto reply text "could not load valid user"

Hi,

I have set up the external AUTH to check users to our openLDAP server.
I don't want our users to write to RT from their personal adreses.
So far this work perfectly and as I want it to, but the reply message is
englis and not all users can speak english.

So my question is:
Where can I change the text of the reply message?
It is not one of the default templates.

I have tried to search the web but all information I found is about how to
set the auth and ticket create rights.

Thank you for your tips.

Regards
Lukas Loskot

falcone at bestpractical

Mar 9, 2012, 7:06 AM

Re: Changing the auto reply text "could not load valid user" [In reply to]

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 01:10:49PM +0100, Lukáš Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have set up the external AUTH to check users to our openLDAP server.
> I don't want our users to write to RT from their personal adreses.
> So far this work perfectly and as I want it to, but the reply message is
> englis and not all users can speak english.
>
> So my question is:
> Where can I change the text of the reply message?
> It is not one of the default templates.
>
> I have tried to search the web but all information I found is about how to
> set the auth and ticket create rights.

You'll need to customize _NoAuthorizedUserFound
You can read about customizing RT at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/wiki/Customizing

-kevin

l.loskot at seznam

Mar 13, 2012, 11:09 PM

Re: Changing the auto reply text "could not load valid user" [In reply to]

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 01:10:49PM +0100, Luk?? Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have set up the external AUTH to check users to our openLDAP server.
> I don't want our users to write to RT from their personal adreses.
> So far this work perfectly and as I want it to, but the reply message is
> englis and not all users can speak english.
>
> So my question is:
> Where can I change the text of the reply message?
> It is not one of the default templates.
>
> I have tried to search the web but all information I found is about how to
> set the auth and ticket create rights.

You'll need to customize _NoAuthorizedUserFound
You can read about customizing RT at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/wiki/Customizing

-kevin

Thanks for the hint.

For others with the same problem.
You have to edit the file Email.pm (for my instalation located here:
"/usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Interface"
- find "sub _NoAuthorizedUserFound" and edit the text.

I have one other related question. Tehre are 3 emails sent to the user. I
wasn't able to find any patch or hint how to send only one email if the user
sends request from email that is not in the LDAP.
All answers I found was related to the LDAP settings and problems with
authorizing users at all. But this is not my problem. Authorized users in
LDAP is working perfectly.

Regards
Lukas Loskot