CustomizingWithLocalDir failed

arthur_rance at hotmail

Mar 7, 2012, 8:22 AM

CustomizingWithLocalDir failed

Hello,

Why doesn't this work ?

cp /usr/local/share/rt40/html/SelfService/Create.html /usr/local/share/rt40/local/html/SelfService/Create.html
vim /usr/local/share/rt40/local/html/SelfService/Create.html
rm -rf /var/run/rt40/mason_data/obj/*
apachectl restart

My modification had no effect on the SelfService interface... Why ?

tjrc at sanger

Mar 7, 2012, 8:32 AM

Re: CustomizingWithLocalDir failed [In reply to]

On 7 Mar 2012, at 16:22, Arthur Rance wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Why doesn't this work ?
>
> cp /usr/local/share/rt40/html/SelfService/Create.html /usr/local/share/rt40/local/html/SelfService/Create.html
> vim /usr/local/share/rt40/local/html/SelfService/Create.html
> rm -rf /var/run/rt40/mason_data/obj/*
> apachectl restart
>
> My modification had no effect on the SelfService interface... Why ?

Perhaps the cache got recreated between the rm and the apachectl commands, because apache was still running? Try stopping apache completely, then removing the mason cache, and then restarting apache. That's what I usually do.

Tim

arthur_rance at hotmail

Mar 7, 2012, 8:43 AM

Re: CustomizingWithLocalDir failed [In reply to]

> Subject: Re: [rt-users] CustomizingWithLocalDir failed
> From: tjrc [at] sanger
> Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:32:46 +0000
> CC: rt-users [at] lists
> To: arthur_rance [at] hotmail
>

> On 7 Mar 2012, at 16:22, Arthur Rance wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > Why doesn't this work ?
> >
> > cp /usr/local/share/rt40/html/SelfService/Create.html /usr/local/share/rt40/local/html/SelfService/Create.html
> > vim /usr/local/share/rt40/local/html/SelfService/Create.html
> > rm -rf /var/run/rt40/mason_data/obj/*
> > apachectl restart
> >
> > My modification had no effect on the SelfService interface... Why ?
>
> Perhaps the cache got recreated between the rm and the apachectl commands, because apache was still running? Try stopping apache completely, then removing the mason cache, and then restarting apache. That's what I usually do.
>
> Tim

Sorry, I tried the wrong directory. It was "/usr/local/www/rt40" in my configuration.
/usr/local/www/rt40/SelfService/Create.html
It works now :o)