re configure rt

fireskyer at emailn

Feb 28, 2012, 12:23 AM

re configure rt

Hello guys

I have an simple question

How can i reconfigure an existing Rt instance without a new install

best regards

john s.

--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
* Boston March 5 & 6, 2012

odhiambo at gmail

Feb 28, 2012, 12:40 AM

Re: re configure rt [In reply to]

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:23, john s. <fireskyer [at] emailn> wrote:

> Hello guys
>
> I have an simple question
>
> How can i reconfigure an existing Rt instance without a new install

Reconfigure so that you achieve what exactly?

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,

fireskyer at emailn

Feb 28, 2012, 4:14 AM

Re: re configure rt [In reply to]

for example change from mod perl to mod fcgid or sth else

best regards

john s.

--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
* Boston March 5 & 6, 2012

trs at bestpractical

Feb 28, 2012, 7:05 AM

Re: re configure rt [In reply to]

On 02/28/2012 03:23 AM, john s. wrote:
> How can i reconfigure an existing Rt instance without a new install

Find your previous configure incant at the top of
/opt/rt4/etc/RT_Config.pm and rerun ./configure from the RT tarball with
those options.

Note that for simply changing web handlers, you only need to do `make
fixdeps` after re-configuring, not `make install`.

Thomas
--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
* Boston March 5 & 6, 2012

fireskyer at emailn

Feb 29, 2012, 1:40 AM

Re: re configure rt [In reply to]

Is the same businness for the old 3.8 versions?

Or does in this context an other way leads to sucess

best regards

john s.

--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
* Boston March 5 & 6, 2012

trs at bestpractical

Feb 29, 2012, 7:21 AM

Re: re configure rt [In reply to]

On 02/29/2012 04:40 AM, john s. wrote:
> Is the same businness for the old 3.8 versions?

3.8 doesn't include the arguments ./configure was run with at the top of
/opt/rt3/etc/RT_Config.pm, so you'll need to make sure you remember them
correctly.

Thomas
--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
* Boston March 5 & 6, 2012

cloos at netcologne

Mar 1, 2012, 5:11 AM

Re: re configure rt [In reply to]

This doesn't work for me.
/opt/rt4/etc/RT_Config.pm shows only this:

# RT was configured with:
#
# $ ./configure /opt/rt4/share/config.site /opt/rt4/etc/config.site

Any Ideas?

-Chris

--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
* Boston March 5 & 6, 2012

fireskyer at emailn

Mar 1, 2012, 6:01 AM

Re: re configure rt [In reply to]

Hm ok

but i still don't know on which configure changes a "make install" is still
needed and when if its not ....

best regards

john s.

--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
* Boston March 5 & 6, 2012

trs at bestpractical

Mar 1, 2012, 7:16 AM

Re: re configure rt [In reply to]

On 03/01/2012 08:11 AM, Christian Loos wrote:
> This doesn't work for me.
> /opt/rt4/etc/RT_Config.pm shows only this:
>
> # RT was configured with:
> #
> # $ ./configure /opt/rt4/share/config.site /opt/rt4/etc/config.site
>

> Any Ideas?

autoconf --version?
--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
* Boston March 5 & 6, 2012

trs at bestpractical

Mar 1, 2012, 7:22 AM

Re: re configure rt [In reply to]

On 03/01/2012 08:11 AM, Christian Loos wrote:
> This doesn't work for me.
> /opt/rt4/etc/RT_Config.pm shows only this:
>
> # RT was configured with:
> #
> # $ ./configure /opt/rt4/share/config.site /opt/rt4/etc/config.site
>

> Any Ideas?

Also: do those files exist? If so, what are their contents? Someone
may have created them or they may be autocreated. It is not something
RT tells autoconf to do explicitly.
--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
* Boston March 5 & 6, 2012

cloos at netcologne

Mar 1, 2012, 8:45 AM

Re: re configure rt [In reply to]

autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61

The config.site files doesn't exist.

-Chris

--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
* Boston March 5 & 6, 2012

trs at bestpractical

Mar 1, 2012, 8:57 AM

Re: re configure rt [In reply to]

On 03/01/2012 11:45 AM, Christian Loos wrote:
> autoconf --version
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61

For the record, I have: autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.68

I can't reproduce the problem with autoconf 2.59 (and 2.61 isn't easily
available on my distro).

> The config.site files doesn't exist.

Beats me then. My basic understanding is config.site files are a way to
keep your defaults around for certain projects. I don't know more than
that, and I try to limit my knowledge of autoconf black magic to as
little as possible. ;)
--------