recurring requests

MarkRoedel at letu

Mar 31, 2011, 1:45 PM

recurring requests

Obviously it's pretty simple to write a script against the REST API and launch it from a cron job, but has anybody done anything that's more end-user facing to allow for the setup of recurring tickets for periodic maintenance and the like?

Raed.El-Hames at daisygroupplc

Re: recurring requests [In reply to]

Mark:

Have a look at rt-crontool , I think it may help you.

Roy

Re: recurring requests [In reply to]

Well, that's a bit simpler than the script (which, as I said, was already pretty simple) - but at least the way we operate it's still an admin task. What I'm dreaming of is an addition to the web UI, similar to the dashboard subscription interface, that would allow an RT user to configure the scheduling info and some basic ticket data. Guess that's something to add to my ever-expanding list of things to work on...

Have a look at rt-crontool , I think it may help you.

Roy

Obviously it's pretty simple to write a script against the REST API and launch it from a cron job, but has anybody done anything that's more end-user facing to allow for the setup of recurring tickets for periodic maintenance and the like?

robert.wysocki at contium

Re: recurring requests [In reply to]

Dnia 2011-03-31, czw o godzinie 20:45 +0000, Roedel, Mark pisze:
> Obviously it’s pretty simple to write a script against the REST API
> and launch it from a cron job, but has anybody done anything that’s
> more end-user facing to allow for the setup of recurring tickets for
> periodic maintenance and the like?

RT::Extension::QuickCalls?

Robert Wysocki
administrator systemów linuksowych
Contium S.A., http://www.contium.pl

boli at itss

Re: recurring requests [In reply to]

we made a seperate queue with a scrip applied that created new tickets
with identical custom fields and other info every time an old ticket was
closed.

custom fields included interval between recurring events, so new tickets
were created with a due date in the future based on now()+the custom
field with the recurrence interval.

we actually use it to track recurring outbound payments, but should
easily apply to recurring maintenance too.

--
Jon 'Boli' Copeland
Network Engineer

robert.wysocki at contium

Re: recurring requests [In reply to]

Dnia 2012-06-01, pią o godzinie 08:05 +0200, Robert Wysocki pisze:
> Dnia 2011-03-31, czw o godzinie 20:45 +0000, Roedel, Mark pisze:
> > Obviously it’s pretty simple to write a script against the REST API
> > and launch it from a cron job, but has anybody done anything that’s
> > more end-user facing to allow for the setup of recurring tickets for
> > periodic maintenance and the like?
> >

> RT::Extension::QuickCalls?

Sorry for bringing up such an old thread, don't really know how it
happend.

R.