Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Request Tracker: Devel

error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk

 

 

Request Tracker devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


cloos at netsandbox

Nov 24, 2010, 3:47 PM

Post #1 of 13 (1965 views)
Permalink
error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk

Hi,

after a fresh installation of 3.9-trunk from github and logging in,
instead of the quicksearch component I get the follwing error:

Error during compilation of
/opt/rt39/share/html/Elements/QueueSummaryByLifecycle:
Can't locate RT/Report/Tickets.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10
/usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at
/opt/rt39/share/html/Elements/QueueSummaryByLifecycle line 94.

Any ideas?

-Chris
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel


jesse at bestpractical

Nov 24, 2010, 3:48 PM

Post #2 of 13 (1932 views)
Permalink
Re: error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk [In reply to]

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:47:04AM +0100, Christian Loos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after a fresh installation of 3.9-trunk from github and logging in,
> instead of the quicksearch component I get the follwing error:
>
> Error during compilation of
> /opt/rt39/share/html/Elements/QueueSummaryByLifecycle:
> Can't locate RT/Report/Tickets.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5
> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at
> /opt/rt39/share/html/Elements/QueueSummaryByLifecycle line 94.


Did you run autoconf? I'm surprised not to see /opt/rt3 in your @INC
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Chris
> _______________________________________________
> List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel

--
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel


jeff at voskamp

Nov 24, 2010, 7:24 PM

Post #3 of 13 (1928 views)
Permalink
Re: error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk [In reply to]

On 11/24/2010 06:48 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:47:04AM +0100, Christian Loos wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> after a fresh installation of 3.9-trunk from github and logging in,
>> instead of the quicksearch component I get the follwing error:
>>
>> Error during compilation of
>> /opt/rt39/share/html/Elements/QueueSummaryByLifecycle:
>> Can't locate RT/Report/Tickets.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
>> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5
>> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10
>> /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at
>> /opt/rt39/share/html/Elements/QueueSummaryByLifecycle line 94.
> Did you run autoconf? I'm surprised not to see /opt/rt3 in your @INC
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> -Chris
I had the same problem and I had run configure with --prefix=/ROOTOFINSTALL.

Finally tracked it down to the fact that some, but not all, of the *.in
files in sbin use

"@RT_LIB_PATH@" and "@LOCAL_LIB_PATH@" instead of the "_R" versions.
Tweaked everyone to use the _R versions and rebuilt stuff and it all
went away. There's something funny happening with the entire routine
that starts

# fix lib paths, some may be relative in the *.in files.

Haven't had a chance to dig beyond that.

Jeff
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel


cloos at netsandbox

Nov 24, 2010, 11:20 PM

Post #4 of 13 (1921 views)
Permalink
Re: error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk [In reply to]

Yes I run autoconf and configure with --prefix=/opt/rt39

At the moment I only have with the quicksearch portlet the problem and
didn't see any other problems.

Am 25.11.2010 04:24, schrieb Jeff Voskamp:
> On 11/24/2010 06:48 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:47:04AM +0100, Christian Loos wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> after a fresh installation of 3.9-trunk from github and logging in,
>>> instead of the quicksearch component I get the follwing error:
>>>
>>> Error during compilation of
>>> /opt/rt39/share/html/Elements/QueueSummaryByLifecycle:
>>> Can't locate RT/Report/Tickets.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
>>> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5
>>> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10
>>> /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at
>>> /opt/rt39/share/html/Elements/QueueSummaryByLifecycle line 94.
>> Did you run autoconf? I'm surprised not to see /opt/rt3 in your @INC
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> -Chris
> I had the same problem and I had run configure with
> --prefix=/ROOTOFINSTALL.
>
> Finally tracked it down to the fact that some, but not all, of the *.in
> files in sbin use
>
> "@RT_LIB_PATH@" and "@LOCAL_LIB_PATH@" instead of the "_R" versions.
> Tweaked everyone to use the _R versions and rebuilt stuff and it all
> went away. There's something funny happening with the entire routine
> that starts
>
> # fix lib paths, some may be relative in the *.in files.
>
> Haven't had a chance to dig beyond that.
>
> Jeff
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel


cloos at netsandbox

Dec 1, 2010, 3:17 PM

Post #5 of 13 (1885 views)
Permalink
Re: error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk [In reply to]

Still having this problem.
Any Ideas?

-Chris
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel


jesse at bestpractical

Dec 6, 2010, 1:49 PM

Post #6 of 13 (1837 views)
Permalink
Re: error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk [In reply to]

On Thu 2.Dec'10 at 0:17:22 +0100, Christian Loos wrote:
> Still having this problem.
> Any Ideas?
>
Did you try Jeff Voskamp's suggestion wrt relative paths? (Also, is it
still failing on trunk?)

> -Chris
> _______________________________________________
> List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel


sunnavy at bestpractical

Dec 7, 2010, 12:51 AM

Post #7 of 13 (1840 views)
Permalink
Re: error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk [In reply to]

Hi Chris

did you use apache2+mod_perl, maybe also with mpm_worker?

if so, does it help if you add "PerlSwitches -I/path/to/rt/local/lib -I/path/to/rt/lib"
to apache's config file?

best wishes
sunnavy

On 10-11-25 00:47, Christian Loos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after a fresh installation of 3.9-trunk from github and logging in,
> instead of the quicksearch component I get the follwing error:
>
> Error during compilation of
> /opt/rt39/share/html/Elements/QueueSummaryByLifecycle:
> Can't locate RT/Report/Tickets.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5
> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at
> /opt/rt39/share/html/Elements/QueueSummaryByLifecycle line 94.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Chris
> _______________________________________________
> List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel


cloos at netsandbox

Dec 8, 2010, 3:58 PM

Post #8 of 13 (1811 views)
Permalink
Re: error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk [In reply to]

Hi Jesse and Sunnavy,

I tried on the latest trunk from github with "./configure
--enable-layout=RT3" and "./configure --enable-layout=relative" and with
"PerlSwitches -I/opt/rt4/local/lib -I/opt/rt4/lib" apache directive and
without this directive and with all combinations from above, all with
the same *strange* result:
It is still failing SOMETIMES!!

Most times, after a apache restart it doesn't fail. But after some page
reloads (up to 10) it suddenly fails.

My system:
Ubuntu 10.10 + apache2 (2.2.16-1ubuntu3.1, mpm-worker) + mod_perl2
(2.0.4-7ubuntu1)

If available, I use the Perl modules from the Ubuntu repositories. The
rest I get from CPAN.

-Chris
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel


jesse at bestpractical

Dec 9, 2010, 11:14 AM

Post #9 of 13 (1777 views)
Permalink
Re: error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk [In reply to]

What's your apache config look like?


On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 12:58:06AM +0100, Christian Loos wrote:
> Hi Jesse and Sunnavy,
>
> I tried on the latest trunk from github with "./configure
> --enable-layout=RT3" and "./configure --enable-layout=relative" and with
> "PerlSwitches -I/opt/rt4/local/lib -I/opt/rt4/lib" apache directive and
> without this directive and with all combinations from above, all with
> the same *strange* result:
> It is still failing SOMETIMES!!
>
> Most times, after a apache restart it doesn't fail. But after some page
> reloads (up to 10) it suddenly fails.
>
> My system:
> Ubuntu 10.10 + apache2 (2.2.16-1ubuntu3.1, mpm-worker) + mod_perl2
> (2.0.4-7ubuntu1)
>
> If available, I use the Perl modules from the Ubuntu repositories. The
> rest I get from CPAN.
>
> -Chris

--
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel


cloos at netsandbox

Dec 9, 2010, 1:24 PM

Post #10 of 13 (1774 views)
Permalink
Re: error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk [In reply to]

Attached my apache config.

Am 09.12.2010 20:14, schrieb Jesse Vincent:
> What's your apache config look like?
Attachments: rt4-8765 (0.73 KB)


sunnavy at bestpractical

Dec 9, 2010, 11:40 PM

Post #11 of 13 (1768 views)
Permalink
Re: error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk [In reply to]

seems that PerlSwitches doesn't take affect in <VirtualHost>
though mod_perl doc says it can, I think there's a bug.

could you put PerlSwitches out of VirtualHost and try again?
(e.g. put it to the head of httpd.conf instead)


best wishes
sunnavy

On 10-12-09 22:24, Christian Loos wrote:
> Attached my apache config.
>
> Am 09.12.2010 20:14, schrieb Jesse Vincent:
> > What's your apache config look like?

> <VirtualHost *:8765>
> ServerName localhost
>
> <Directory />
> Options FollowSymLinks
> AllowOverride None
> Order deny,allow
> Deny from all
> </Directory>
>
> AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
> PerlSetEnv RT_SITE_CONFIG /opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm
> PerlSwitches -I/opt/rt4/local/lib -I/opt/rt4/lib
>
> RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html
>
> DocumentRoot /opt/rt4/share/html
> <Directory /opt/rt4/share/html>
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
>
> SetHandler perl-script
> PerlResponseHandler Plack::Handler::Apache2
> PerlSetVar psgi_app /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server
> </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>

_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel


sunnavy at bestpractical

Dec 10, 2010, 2:06 AM

Post #12 of 13 (1765 views)
Permalink
Re: error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk [In reply to]

btw, you can omit PerlSwitches if with latest 3.9-trunk(after f35699355a).
if so, you need to add the following lines to apache's config:

<Perl>
use Plack::Handler::Apache2;
Plack::Handler::Apache2->preload("/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-server");
</Perl>


best wishes
sunnavy

On 10-12-10 15:40, sunnavy wrote:
> seems that PerlSwitches doesn't take affect in <VirtualHost>
> though mod_perl doc says it can, I think there's a bug.
>
> could you put PerlSwitches out of VirtualHost and try again?
> (e.g. put it to the head of httpd.conf instead)
>
>
> best wishes
> sunnavy
>
> On 10-12-09 22:24, Christian Loos wrote:
> > Attached my apache config.
> >
> > Am 09.12.2010 20:14, schrieb Jesse Vincent:
> > > What's your apache config look like?
>
> > <VirtualHost *:8765>
> > ServerName localhost
> >
> > <Directory />
> > Options FollowSymLinks
> > AllowOverride None
> > Order deny,allow
> > Deny from all
> > </Directory>
> >
> > AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
> > PerlSetEnv RT_SITE_CONFIG /opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm
> > PerlSwitches -I/opt/rt4/local/lib -I/opt/rt4/lib
> >
> > RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html
> >
> > DocumentRoot /opt/rt4/share/html
> > <Directory /opt/rt4/share/html>
> > Order allow,deny
> > Allow from all
> >
> > SetHandler perl-script
> > PerlResponseHandler Plack::Handler::Apache2
> > PerlSetVar psgi_app /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server
> > </Directory>
> > </VirtualHost>
>
> _______________________________________________
> List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel


cloos at netsandbox

Dec 18, 2010, 11:41 AM

Post #13 of 13 (1627 views)
Permalink
Re: error after fresh installation of 3.9-trunk [In reply to]

After adding this to the apache config I don't get this error any more.

Thanks!

-Chris

Am 10.12.2010 11:06, schrieb sunnavy:
> btw, you can omit PerlSwitches if with latest 3.9-trunk(after f35699355a).
> if so, you need to add the following lines to apache's config:
>
> <Perl>
> use Plack::Handler::Apache2;
> Plack::Handler::Apache2->preload("/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-server");
> </Perl>
>
>
> best wishes
> sunnavy

_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel

Request Tracker devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.