Mailing List Archive: Request Tracker: Devel
[esociety.com #20] (helpdesk) Testing... Looking for odd behaviour

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

helpdesk at esociety

Aug 4, 2000, 4:11 PM

[esociety.com #20] (helpdesk) Testing... Looking for odd behaviour

Greetings rt-devel,

We are using this very cool system called Request Tracker from fsck.com.

There is a small problem as you may be able to discern from the headers on
the mail you receive.

The problem:

If a user creates a ticket, as I have here, then attempts to reply to that
ticket (as a queue manipulator) no reply is actually sent. The reason seems
to be that there is no To: header in the packet sent to sendmail.

As well, I find it quite odd that in my /var/log/maillog I get the
interesting error:

Aug 4 15:04:19 myhost sendmail[1580]: gethostbyaddr(172.16.78.1) failed: 1

when I am not attempting to send a CC or a BCC.

If this is a known problem, I'd appreciate a patch. Any light that anyone
can shed on the wierd sendmail error would be great as well.

Thanks,

Tony Plastino
anthonyp [at] esociety