Mailing List Archive: Request Tracker: Devel

CloneTicket for SelfService

Request Tracker devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ajunpreet at gmail

Jun 28, 2012, 6:27 AM

CloneTicket for SelfService

is it possible to make CloneTicket work for selfservice? so that would be
for all unprivileged users.

so something like

http://site.com/SelfService/Create.html?Queue=22&CloneTicket=153<http://odaa013.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Create.html?Queue=22&CloneTicket=153>

falcone at bestpractical

Jun 28, 2012, 9:22 AM

Re: CloneTicket for SelfService [In reply to]

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 09:27:02AM -0400, Ajunpreet Singh wrote:
> is it possible to make CloneTicket work for selfservice? so that would be for all unprivileged
> users.
> so something like
> http://site.com/SelfService/Create.html?Queue=22&CloneTicket=153

It seems like you're trying to add a lot the standard RT
functionality to the SelfService UI.

Have you considered just using the normal RT ui and limiting rights to
ensure users see only what they should?

If you keep going down the road of adding functionality to
SelfService, you're going to find it really hard to upgrade.

-kevin

ajunpreet at gmail

Jun 29, 2012, 8:20 AM

Re: CloneTicket for SelfService [In reply to]

So I ended up just messing around with privileged users for clone ticket.

The problem now is that clone ticket doesn't work for Checkboxes, or any
form where multiple values had been selected in the other request. It does
however work only if one value is selected.
Is there any way to workaround this?

Request Tracker devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded