Mailing List Archive: Request Tracker: Devel

Auto Resolved

Request Tracker devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ajunpreet at gmail

Jun 14, 2012, 1:07 PM

Auto Resolved

I have a custom Status, I want it so that if it stays in this custom state
for 2 weeks then I want the status to change automatically to resolved.
I think this might be possible using cron, but Im not sure where to start.
Thanks

Andy.Jewell at sysmicro

Jun 14, 2012, 1:12 PM

Re: Auto Resolved [In reply to]

You probably need to use the REST api to query and then update tickets with your custom status in a perl script. Call this script from cron.daily to keep it rolling.

Sent from my iPhone

On 14 Jun 2012, at 21:07, "Ajunpreet Singh" <ajunpreet [at] gmail> wrote:

> I have a custom Status, I want it so that if it stays in this custom state for 2 weeks then I want the status to change automatically to resolved.
> I think this might be possible using cron, but Im not sure where to start.
> Thanks
> --------
--------

falcone at bestpractical

Jun 14, 2012, 2:32 PM

Re: Auto Resolved [In reply to]

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 08:12:10PM +0000, Andy Jewell wrote:
> You probably need to use the REST api to query and then update tickets with your custom status in a perl script. Call this script from cron.daily to keep it rolling.

You certainly can do this from REST, but it's probably simpler to do
with rt-crontool.

This was answered recently on rt-users with a pointer to appropriate
actions to use.

-kevin