Mailing List Archive: Request Tracker: Devel

Customizing user interface

Request Tracker devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ptomblin at xcski

Mar 3, 2012, 8:40 AM

Customizing user interface

What's the best way to make it so that members of a certain group only see
tickets from a certain queue, and can only do certain things to it. For
instance, if they're "approvers", I want them to see just the description
of the ticket and then just a button to accept and a button to decline,
without any of the other menus and stuff. Is the best way to do that to
write my own web code, or can it be done with ACLs and custom queries, or
dashboards, or what?

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin
http://careers.stackoverflow.com/ptomblin

falcone at bestpractical

Mar 27, 2012, 3:19 PM

Re: Customizing user interface [In reply to]

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 11:40:04AM -0500, Paul Tomblin wrote:
> What's the best way to make it so that members of a certain group only see tickets from a
> certain queue, and can only do certain things to it. For instance, if they're "approvers", I
> want them to see just the description of the ticket and then just a button to accept and a
> button to decline, without any of the other menus and stuff. Is the best way to do that to
> write my own web code, or can it be done with ACLs and custom queries, or dashboards, or what?

You probably just want the Approvals UI, available under Tools, and
which can send mail to folks directing them to it.

-kevin

Request Tracker devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded