Mailing List Archive: Request Tracker: Devel

TimeZone Issues with RT 3.8.8

Request Tracker devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

simone.sanna at tinet

Nov 16, 2011, 8:05 AM

TimeZone Issues with RT 3.8.8

Hi List,
I am having a singular problem, with timezone settings, although I
change personal settings configuration, I do not observe any change in
the ticket's transaction's dates.

Timezone is set to Europe/Rome both on the server and on the
RT_SiteConfig.pm file.
The installation is on Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS with perl version v5.10.1
(*) built for x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi.
Apache version is Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu).

I have tried to apply the patch to
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/rt.company.ssl changing
SetHandler perl-script to SetHandler modperl as suggested by
http://old.nabble.com/Problem-configuring-RT-Timezone-td28246198.html,
but this when pointing my browser gives me a black page.

The "strange" thing is that the same RT code with the same
configuration, works on Ubuntu 11.10 with
Apache/2.2.20 and perl 5, version 12, subversion 4 (v5.12.4) built for
x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi, with or without applying the patch.

Likely I am missing something, but I can't find what by myself.
Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Simone Sanna
--------

falcone at bestpractical

Nov 16, 2011, 9:09 AM

Re: TimeZone Issues with RT 3.8.8 [In reply to]

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 05:05:23PM +0100, Simone Sanna wrote:
> I am having a singular problem, with timezone settings, although I
> change personal settings configuration, I do not observe any change in
> the ticket's transaction's dates.
>
> Timezone is set to Europe/Rome both on the server and on the
> RT_SiteConfig.pm file.
> The installation is on Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS with perl version v5.10.1
> (*) built for x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi.
> Apache version is Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu).
>
> I have tried to apply the patch to
> /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/rt.company.ssl changing
> SetHandler perl-script to SetHandler modperl as suggested by
> http://old.nabble.com/Problem-configuring-RT-Timezone-td28246198.html,
> but this when pointing my browser gives me a black page.
>
> The "strange" thing is that the same RT code with the same
> configuration, works on Ubuntu 11.10 with
> Apache/2.2.20 and perl 5, version 12, subversion 4 (v5.12.4) built for
> x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi, with or without applying the patch.
>
> Likely I am missing something, but I can't find what by myself.
> Thanks in advance for any help.

The other relevant part is which kind of worker model you're using.
I'm going to reference the RT4 docs, but it should apply to 3.8 also.

You want to be using prefork, not worker or event. You can read more
here:

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/docs/web_deployment.pod

-kevin

Request Tracker devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded