Mailing List Archive: Request Tracker: Announce

RT for Mobile Devices 0.9

Request Tracker announce RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jesse at bestpractical

Aug 5, 2010, 2:08 PM

RT for Mobile Devices 0.9

Over the past few weeks, I've been spending my time putting together an
initial implementation of a modern phone-friendly interface for RT.

We've just published the source code to
http://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-mobileui and it will show
up at http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-MobileUI in the very
near future.

This is very much an initial release and I know there are things that
need improvement, though I'd greatly appreciate feedback to help figure
out what those improvements should be.

We've tested this new UI on the iPhone, Android 2.x, BlackberryOS 4.5
and 5.0, Kindle 2.5 and in a number of desktop browsers. We've only
tested this on a recent RT 3.8, but it _should_ work on older versions
of RT. Reports of failures on 3.6.x or 3.8.x would be much appreciated.

Once you install the extension, you can have a look around from your
desktop browser by visiting /m on your RT server. The Mobile UI tries
pretty hard to detect mobile browsers and push them to the mobile login
page, though there's a link to get back to the full UI if it gets your
browser wrong.

Right now, the mobile interface supports:

External Authentication
Regular RT Login
Creating Tickets
Search (using the same "Simple Search" as the main UI)
Display of saved searches
Ticket display
Ticket comment/reply
Ticket history