Mailing List Archive: Request Tracker: Announce

RT 3.4.0 now available

Request Tracker announce RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jesse at bestpractical

Feb 1, 2005, 7:10 AM

RT 3.4.0 now available

It gives me great pleasure to announce the immediate availability
of RT 3.4.0. This release features a completely redesigned custom
fields system, as well as significant performance, scalability,
testing and development tool improvements. Additionally, we've
made a number of small improvements to RT's user interface in advance
of a full redesign using cascading style sheets that's expected for
the next release.

In addition to per-ticket custom fields, RT now supports per-transaction,
per user and per-group custom fields. We've added new "full text",
"file upload" and "image upload" custom field types to the existing
"select from list" and "freeform" custom fields. . On top of that,
you can now apply custom fields to a set of queues (rather than
just one-or-all, like RT 3.2).

For developers, we've done a significant amount of work cleaning
up and restructuring RT's codebase. We've added about 400 new tests
to RT's codebase and made it much easier to add new tests and run
the regression test suite. We've also added a new "developer mode"
to RT, which allows you to modify RT's libraries on the fly and
have the webserver pick them up instantly.

Oh. and we made RT faster. While we're constantly working to make
RT faster and easier to use, this release represents a fairly big
improvement. On our own systems, RT 3.4 is 20-50% faster than RT
3.2.

Please download RT 3.4.0 from:

http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/download.html

SHA1 sums:

e671f75e1f4334f6f405acef7a4671fe868d7683 rt-3.4.0.tar.gz
156423187ca662c634c9e56f2a395689031a245c rt-3.4.0.tar.gz.sig

We appreciate any and all feedback. Please report bugs to
rt-users [at] lists if you're already subscribed there or
to rt-bugs [at] fsck if not.

Best,

Jesse Vincent
Best Practical