Mailing List Archive: RSyslog: users

Copying locally and remotely

RSyslog users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Gerrard.Geldenhuis at worldpay

Jul 17, 2012, 5:53 AM

Copying locally and remotely

Hi

On a Red Hat 5.8 box which comes with rsyslog-3.22.1-7.el5, is there an
easy way to log both locally and remotely?

For example, I want to something to following effect:

kern.* @@logserver:514, /var/log/kernel.log

It seems easily doable in later versions using RuleSets which was
introduced somewhere in version 4 . Alternatively is there a ready
packaged latest and greatest rsyslog available? I did not see any rpms
on the download section of the website.

Regards

Gerrard Geldenhuis | IT Operations |WorldPay
M +44 772 448 7979
gerrard.geldenhuis [at] worldpay

rgerhards at hq

Jul 17, 2012, 5:54 AM

Re: Copying locally and remotely [In reply to]

For example:

kern.* @@logserver:514
& /var/log/kernel.log

TWO lines!

Rainer

Jul 17, 2012, 6:07 AM

Re: Copying locally and remotely [In reply to]

Hi
Awesome! Thanks for the speedy reply, I had

kern.* @@logserver:514
kern.* /var/log/kernel.log

so the change is small enough and works great.

Regards