Mailing List Archive: RSyslog: users

[bug report]border date error

RSyslog users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

i+rsyslog at chenxiaosheng

Jun 26, 2012, 12:01 AM

[bug report]border date error

rsyslog: 4.6.4
librelp: 1.0.0.1

example:

server A: rsyslogd + relp server
server B: rsyslogd + relp client

Application on server B send a log to server B's rsyslod(date time is:
2012-06-25 23:59:25)

server B forward the log to server A, if the log reach server A, and the
datetime is over 2012-06-26 00:00:00

then, the date time of the log will be changed to: 2012-06-26 23:59:25

anyone help or sugges?

thanks.

david at lang

Jun 26, 2012, 12:47 AM

Re: [bug report]border date error [In reply to]

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012, ??? wrote:

> rsyslog: 4.6.4
> librelp: 1.0.0.1
>
> example:
>
> server A: rsyslogd + relp server
> server B: rsyslogd + relp client
>
> Application on server B send a log to server B's rsyslod(date time is:
> 2012-06-25 23:59:25)
>
> server B forward the log to server A, if the log reach server A, and the
> datetime is over 2012-06-26 00:00:00
>
> then, the date time of the log will be changed to: 2012-06-26 23:59:25
>
> anyone help or sugges?

two things

first, 4.x is very old, strongly consider upgrading to a new version.
(it's old enough that it's past the support cut-off from the community,
you are supposed to have to go to your distro for support for it)

as for the timestamp getting messed up, the first thing I would always
look for is the timestamp in the message getting corrupted. setup a quick
test to log with the format RSYSLOG_Debug and see what that shows the
timestamp to be in the message.

David Lang