Mailing List Archive: RSyslog: users

could not load module '/usr/local/lib/rsyslog/ommail.so

RSyslog users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

rfd at pinoy7

could not load module '/usr/local/lib/rsyslog/ommail.so

I have installed rsyslog using yum and trying to get the ommail module
to work.

yum install rsyslog rsyslog-mysql

ommail.so was not included in the yum package and getting the error
message below.
could not load module '/usr/local/lib/rsyslog/ommail.so

Is there a way to enable ommail support without compiling from the source?

Thanks for your time.

rgerhards at hq

Re: could not load module '/usr/local/lib/rsyslog/ommail.so [In reply to]

I don't know about the individual packages. I guess you already did a search
for ommail? If nothing turned out, you probably need to install from source.

Rainer

> Is there a way to enable ommail support without compiling from the source?
>
> Thanks for your time.

jrhett at netconsonance

Re: could not load module '/usr/local/lib/rsyslog/ommail.so [In reply to]

What versions does your yum repo have?

If you need a spec file, I can send you the spec file I have for EL5 which will build the RPMs for 5.8.11 for you.

On May 3, 2012, at 10:14 PM, Richie wrote:
> I have installed rsyslog using yum and trying to get the ommail module to work.
>
> yum install rsyslog rsyslog-mysql
>
> ommail.so was not included in the yum package and getting the error message below.
> could not load module '/usr/local/lib/rsyslog/ommail.so
>
> Is there a way to enable ommail support without compiling from the source?
>
> Thanks for your time.

Jo Rhett

cmccraw at newrelic

Re: could not load module '/usr/local/lib/rsyslog/ommail.so [In reply to]

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Jo Rhett <jrhett [at] netconsonance> wrote:
> What versions does your yum repo have?
>
> If you need a spec file, I can send you the spec file I have for EL5 which will build the RPMs for 5.8.11 for you.

Any chance we could get that spec file into the contrib/ directory? I
spent a fair amount of time finding a spec file for even vaguely
recent rsyslog that wasn't inextricably bound up with features that
EL5 didn't have, and ripping out all the stuff that referenced the new
init replacement.

jrhett at netconsonance

Re: could not load module '/usr/local/lib/rsyslog/ommail.so [In reply to]

I don't maintain, but you can grab it all from
http://www.netconsonance.com/specfiles/rsyslog/

You'll need all of the files. Put them in ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/rsyslog and rpmbuild -ba rsyslog.spec and you'll have it golden.

On May 4, 2012, at 11:32 AM, Chris McCraw wrote:
> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Jo Rhett <jrhett [at] netconsonance> wrote:
>> What versions does your yum repo have?
>>
>> If you need a spec file, I can send you the spec file I have for EL5 which will build the RPMs for 5.8.11 for you.
>
> Any chance we could get that spec file into the contrib/ directory? I
> spent a fair amount of time finding a spec file for even vaguely
> recent rsyslog that wasn't inextricably bound up with features that
> EL5 didn't have, and ripping out all the stuff that referenced the new
> init replacement.

Jo Rhett

rfd at pinoy7

Re: could not load module '/usr/local/lib/rsyslog/ommail.so [In reply to]

On 5/5/2012 4:25 AM, Jo Rhett wrote:
> What versions does your yum repo have?

rpmforge-release-0.5.2-2.el5.rf
yum-3.2.22-37.el5.centos

> If you need a spec file, I can send you the spec file I have for EL5 which will build the RPMs for 5.8.11 for you.

Thanks for your kindness. I have not tried building RPM before, could
you include additional steps on how to grab the spec file and build the RPM.

Thanks again.

> On May 3, 2012, at 10:14 PM, Richie wrote:
>> I have installed rsyslog using yum and trying to get the ommail module to work.
>>
>> yum install rsyslog rsyslog-mysql
>>
>> ommail.so was not included in the yum package and getting the error message below.
>> could not load module '/usr/local/lib/rsyslog/ommail.so
>>
>> Is there a way to enable ommail support without compiling from the source?
>>
>> Thanks for your time.

jrhett at netconsonance

Re: could not load module '/usr/local/lib/rsyslog/ommail.so [In reply to]

On May 6, 2012, at 10:12 PM, Richie wrote:
>> If you need a spec file, I can send you the spec file I have for EL5 which will build the RPMs for 5.8.11 for you.
>
> Thanks for your kindness. I have not tried building RPM before, could you include additional steps on how to grab the spec file and build the RPM.

Google "rpmbuild" and follow the instructions there for setting up rpmbuild.
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SetupRpmBuildEnvironment

I've included a good link, but it's best to read the other links and set them up to meet your own needs. In particular, I use an option to keep the sources for each thing in their own subdirectory:
%_sourcedir %{_topdir}/SOURCES/%{name}

Then put all of the files from my site into SOURCES (or SOURCES/rsyslog/ if you do as I did) and the spec file in SPECS and run "rpmbuild -ba rsyslog.spec"

--
Jo Rhett