Mailing List Archive: RSyslog: users

Multiple Rulesets for UDP Forwarding

RSyslog users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

vladg at illinois

Multiple Rulesets for UDP Forwarding

Hello,

I'll start with my usual caveat that this is something super-simple that should be working, so I'm sure I made a really stupid mistake somewhere.

I have a server that is behind a load-balancer, and all it needs to do is listen on several UDP ports for syslog messages, and forward them to their final destination on those same UDP ports. However, it seems to only be listening to one port at a time. The config is based on the one from: <http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/rsconf1_rulesetparser.html>. I've simplified it to just log the messages to a file, instead of forwarding them.

This config will log to test_1515.log, but not test_1514.log.

1 $ModLoad imudp # UDP network reception
2
3 $RuleSet fwd1515
4 *.* /services/syslog/test_1515.log
5
6 $RuleSet fwd1514
7 *.* /services/syslog/test_1514.log
8
9 $InputUDPServerBindRuleset fwd1515
10 $UDPServerRun 1515 # start a UDP listener on port 1515
11
12 $InputUDPServerBindRuleset fwd1514
13 $UDPServerRun 1514 # start a UDP listener at port 1514

If I comment out line 10 ($UDPServerRun 1515), then it will log to test_1514.log just fine. If I take the original config, and flip lines 9-10 with lines 12-13 (putting the 1514 stuff before 1515), it will log to test_1514.log but not test_1515.log.

I'm using version 6.3.7. Can anyone see something obvious that I'm missing? Thanks,

--Vlad

rgerhards at hq

Re: Multiple Rulesets for UDP Forwarding [In reply to]

I remember having fixed sone issue in this regard. Try current master head.

Rainer

Vlad Grigorescu <vladg [at] illinois> hat geschrieben:Hello,