Mailing List Archive: RSyslog: users

Upgrade

RSyslog users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jpoling at moody

Sep 14, 2011, 1:39 PM

Upgrade

Does it matter in what order I do the upgrade? i.e., do I upgrade the collector system first and then all the other systems?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey Poling
System Administrator | Information Systems
Moody Bible Institute
820 N. LaSalle Blvd., Chicago, IL 60610
312-329-8968
www.moodyministries.net<http://www.moodyministries.net>
From the Word. To Life.

david at lang

Sep 14, 2011, 4:48 PM

Re: Upgrade [In reply to]

unless you are also changing what protocol you use between machines, the
order that you update does not matter.

David Lang

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011, Jeff Poling wrote:

> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:39:18 -0500
> From: Jeff Poling <jpoling [at] moody>
> To: "rsyslog [at] lists" <rsyslog [at] lists>
> Subject: [rsyslog] Upgrade
>
> Does it matter in what order I do the upgrade? i.e., do I upgrade the collector system first and then all the other systems?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff
>
> Jeffrey Poling
> System Administrator | Information Systems
> Moody Bible Institute
> 820 N. LaSalle Blvd., Chicago, IL 60610
> 312-329-8968
> www.moodyministries.net<http://www.moodyministries.net>
> From the Word. To Life.

jpoling at moody

Sep 14, 2011, 8:37 PM

Re: Upgrade [In reply to]

> unless you are also changing what protocol you use between machines, the
> order that you update does not matter.

Thank you!