Mailing List Archive: RSyslog: users

multiple groups privileges

RSyslog users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

rblists at gmail

Aug 8, 2011, 4:25 AM

multiple groups privileges

Hi,

is it possible to run rsyslogd so that it is part of multiple groups?
I have added the syslog user to multiple groups, and then use
$PrivDropToUser syslog
without $PrivDropToGroup but to no avail.

Thanks

RaphaŽl

--
Web database: http://www.myowndb.com
Free Software Developers Meeting: http://www.fosdem.org

rblists at gmail

Aug 10, 2011, 1:31 AM

Re: multiple groups privileges [In reply to]

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Raphael Bauduin <rblists [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to run rsyslogd so that it is part of multiple groups?
> I have added the syslog user to multiple groups, and then use
> †$PrivDropToUser syslog
> without $PrivDropToGroup but to no avail.

Hi,

I'm still stuck on this. I'm trying to use the Imfile module to send
the content of logfile to another server through rsyslog. I added the
syslog user to the group needed to access this log file, and when I su
syslog, I indeed have access. The running daemon though does not have
access, and I can confirm this is because it does not have the rights
of the group I added the syslog user in.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?

thanks

Raph

> Thanks
>
> RaphaŽl
>
> --
> Web database: http://www.myowndb.com
> Free Software Developers Meeting: http://www.fosdem.org

--
Web database: http://www.myowndb.com
Free Software Developers Meeting: http://www.fosdem.org

rblists at gmail

Aug 18, 2011, 4:49 AM

Re: multiple groups privileges [In reply to]

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Raphael Bauduin <rblists [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Raphael Bauduin <rblists [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is it possible to run rsyslogd so that it is part of multiple groups?
>> I have added the syslog user to multiple groups, and then use
>> †$PrivDropToUser syslog
>> without $PrivDropToGroup but to no avail.
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm still stuck on this. I'm trying to use the Imfile module to send
> the content of logfile to another server through rsyslog. I added the
> syslog user to the group needed to access this log file, and when I su
> syslog, I indeed have access. The running daemon though does not have
> access, and I can confirm this is because it does not have the rights
> of the group I added the syslog user in.
>
> Is what I'm trying to do possible?

Still interested in a reaction about this. Maybe I'm missing something
obvious but in that case I'd be especially interested to hear about it
so I can learn.

thanks

raphaŽl